Halloween Lore | Teen Ink

Halloween Lore

By Delarosa BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Delarosa BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

Not many people remember why Halloween, or All Hallows Eve, came to be. It was to be a practice to ward off evil spirits. To scare them from causing any kind of harm to the human world, we believed it worked. But now, 21st century and we look like we have forgot the old ways and dress up in the most ridiculous outfits for fun, some people make the most unusual costume and their old goal is just for the simple fun, they don’t realize the danger. So we forgot our tradition and why we scared off the spirits in the first place, if we aren't doing it then who is? Are we still safe? We are.

Let me tell you about an old legend, not a popular one but there's truth behind it's words. The story is about these mysterious creatures that you hear about on the internet but never have seen in person. There's a even a category for these creatures named Creepy Pastas but I will not refer them as such. The ones you need to know about don’t have real names, so I can only go by description.

One man, tall, broad and covered in fur as well as feathers. A large head rounds off on each shoulder, he doesn’t even have a neck, and his large head holds blood red, eyes. They don’t blink, they don’t move, they just have a stone cold stare, imagine him when you think someone is watching you, because it could be him. He can sore the skies and fly next side to a plane, his wings are tough, when he flies past he can swoop a man off the ground with them.

The next man is taller, slimmer and he even has a more blank stare, because he has no face, pale white, just the holes where his eyes would be. It's like the look if you were to pull skin over your face and let it fuse under your neck. No mouth or nose for him to exhale, so if you can barely hear his breath. It's like someone gasping for air. His body is pitch black, like a suit, body acts like tar and he leaves a trail every step he takes. Tentacles, protrude from his back, grabbing anything shiny, it seems to be his only interest, and if he likes it he'll take it, he'll press it against his chest until the tar material molds around it till its gone. His origins are extremely unknown, god even questions him. But natives believe he was given to them by the sky people and he has an incredible skill to protect. He looks remotely human, but unhuman at the same time. Sounds like it was created in a lab.

The final creature is extremely unholy compared to the other two. He can change his skin and known as many terrible history killers, his most famous is Jack The Ripper. He is not Jack, but Jack is him. Killing has never given him more pleasure, not sex, drugs, nothing has got his blood pumping so much, with a smile reaching from ear to ear. God gave him the specific task to kill the terrible creatures that threaten the mortals, same rules goes to the rest. If they go against gods wish then he'll show them a reality worse than hell, in fear that Lucifer will use them to his advantage. So for eternity until the humans find out how to protect themselves these creatures must protect them.

The two tall men hear about a new creature surfacing, not a spirit, something cold to the touch, they were quick to investigate, Humans cant see them unless they want them too. This makes it easy to hide and do their work, but its difficult to be invisible and fight a creature that’s visible. They found a young girl, at the age of 7 laying on the ground. Her chest was practically gone, she was tucked in the corner of the room and torn to shreds, her rips torn out and even used as tools to cut deeper and deeper. Astonished, the wing man realized the wounds are fresh, cops aren't even there yet. He needed to fly over head to see if the killer is near. One swing with his wings and he was gone, the slender man

stood there just looking at the girl, he some how recognized this brutality. Her room is steady and quiet until police stood in front of the house and the parents run out, he needs to hear the story.

He looked out the window and the officer sat the husband down and asked "Sir, explain to me what happened."

"Yes. I thought my dog was at my feet, I tried to push him over but he was too heavy. Too heavy to be my dog... it wasn’t him.." he quietly said.

"How'd you know it wasn’t your dog?" the officer questioned.

"It felt like a person sitting on my feet!! Someone naked at the foot of our bed and I lifted my head to look at it... AND IT WAS LOOKING BACK AT ME. ITS EYES! ITS BLOOD RED DARK EYES!!"

The father had some kind of mental attack and had to be restrained. The officer moved to the mother, "Ma'am, is there anything you could tell me?" asked the officer.

"He woke me up right as he looked at it, he grabbed my arm without breaking eye contact with it and they just starred at each other. It was human but with some twisted animal features, maybe bull dog or hog, or a hairless chimp. But what scared me the most was its neck. Its back was facing the wall behind us but its neck must have been long or even broken, its neck was curled around its left shoulder. Not looking over it at all, the body wasn't turned. After a moment of long silence and stare, it leaped from the bed and slammed the door behind it. We followed behind as close as we could.." then she stuttered. "And it ran into my little girl's room, we followed straight behind and not even a second after the door was closed we opened it and..." She started uncontrollably balling and screaming, "DAMN YOU TO HELL YOU DEMON, YOU DON’T BELONG HERE, OH GOD WHY DID SHE HAVE TO GO! WHY COULDN'T IT BE ME! I JUST WANT MY BABY TO BE ALIVE!"

The slender man looks at the girl and thinks "She must have been gasping for air when the parents ran in, her body is still even warm now. These parents saw their girl torn, and she was alive to see it happen to her. So what is this?"

The winged man never came up with anything, the creature got away, covered its tracks like a professional. Months later a report came in from a house burglary, of a hairless chimp trying to kill them, the creature seem to get away again but there was something new, the victim was alive with a story too tell..

This was an idea I had when I was younger, while I was a large fan of the Creepy Pastas and scary lore that you see around the internet. I decided to give a few of them intelegance and a purpose to why they're here and make their connections spiritually as well.