the ride of terror | Teen Ink

the ride of terror

March 14, 2016
By Anniepona1015 BRONZE, Ormand Beach, Florida
Anniepona1015 BRONZE, Ormand Beach, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was about six o’clock at night. I was at my best friend Jenna’s condo in Siesta key, Florida. It was my birthday weekend and it was time to celebrate.  We walked down to the little town called Siesta Key Village to get ice cream at our favorite place called Big Olaf. We walked into the ice cream shop, and I ordered my favorite ice cream from there. Mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone.
As Jenna was ordering her ice cream her phone began to ring. I grabbed her phone out of her pocket because she was paying and I saw that it was her mom calling. I gave the phone back to Jenna. When Jenna picked up the phone, I could tell something was wrong by her facial expressions. Jenna hung up the phone and said “we have to get back to the condo now.” In a scared voice I asked “what is going on?” Jenna quickly said, “My cousin Molly fell off the second story balcony.” I gasped. We saw a bicycle taxi and asked for a ride back to Jenna’s condo, and we hopped in.
We were flying by on the bicycle while our ice cream was dripping down our nice clothes and shoes and all over this man’s bike. We suddenly noticed we weren’t going back the way we came. I said to Jenna, “I’ve never took this way before.” “Neither have I,” Jenna whispered.
Suddenly I notice we were going down a dark alley and he was speeding up his pace with his peddling so we could not jump off. We came to the realization he wasn't taking us home anymore. We began to feel scared and didn't know what to do. We had to get home quickly because of Molly. We started to scream at the man to stop the bike. He refused and kept on pedaling faster and faster. I whispered to Jenna so the man wouldn't hear us and said “when I count to three jump off and run.” On the next sharp turn I counted, “1…..2….3.” And we jumped. We fell on the ground with bruises and scrapes. Then ran off. As we approach the condo we slow down to catch her breath. As I open the door to the condo there was flashing lights and balloons everywhere. “SURPRISE!” “Happy birthday Annie” everyone said.


The author's comments:

This has a great ending