Check Up : Halftime | Teen Ink

Check Up : Halftime

February 25, 2016
By king_e SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
king_e SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Greatness has no peak


It's Monday now and Luke hasn't seen Lucky since Friday night when they played one on one. He's gotten way better since then. Almost like he has powers or God has blessed him with this talent in 3 days. Luke is amazed at himself even! He's gotten faster, stronger, more agile and explosive! He's a whole new basketball player, now! Little does he know, he sold his soul to the devil who is Lucky! Luke is at school and let's just say, Luke isn't the brightest student in the school. He's smart enough to pass but barely shows it because he jokes around to much. His head is always in the clouds. But today is different.

So Luke is in school, but yet he is focused. Everything seems easy to him as if he was in 1st grade! He is doing everything with such ease now! School ends and now practice starts. Before practice starts, the head coach, Coach Collin, gathers the team up to talk to them. “So as you guys know, we got the Rams tomorrow. They are undefeated and are a powerhouse team! We can be the ones to send them back home with their first loss of the season! We got to play smart and together! I got some new plays for us and I want complete and total focus! Let's go!” The team goes ahead and starts going over the new plays meanwhile, here comes Lucky. He sits down on the bleachers with his gear.  He watches his new servant play the sport Luke loves and what Lucky will have a major role in.

So it's Tuesday and it's Gameday! The gym is sold out to Luke! Word around town is that Luke is the next big thing! To get ready for the game, Luke goes over to Lucky and asks him if he can stretch him out. He does and while he does, he starts to tell him about what he did, how Luke sold his soul. He explains to him about the changes Luke has been experiencing are because of Lucky! Luke thinks he is joking around. He gets up and walks out laughing. Since Luke doesn't believe him, Lucky has something up his  sleeve.

Luke had a fantastic game. He had 30 points, 15 assists, and 15 rebounds! Most importantly, the team won, 70-40! Luke feels like he is on top of the world! He does something no athlete should do, what no person should do, drink and drive! He leaves a party thrown for the team after the big win and hes the one driving, drunk!

He has his 3 friends in the car. They come down a street and that's barely busy… the car speeding down the street… swerving out of control...and he gets in a accident, a terrible accident involving him and 2 other cars! He is the only one that survived… his friends dead! The other people in the 2 other cars are dead! Has he crawls out the upside down turned car, he gathers himself, gets up and notices the scene and sees what he did. He turns around and sees Lucky!
“Believe me now?” Lucky says. Luke collaspes as the
paramedics arive.