Prom Night | Teen Ink

Prom Night

January 20, 2016
By Gump.Shrimp BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Gump.Shrimp BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

She ran through the forest, desperately trying to escape her attacker. She dared not to turn around and check his progress gaining on her, as she knew he was close. She could barely navigate the labyrinth of a forest, as her dress kept getting caught on low hanging branches and small thorny shrubs. Her dress was a sterling white just minutes ago, but is now dirtied beyond recognition. This isn’t how her night was supposed to end. She stumbled and fell. The thought of getting up and running again didn’t cross her mind for a second. She sat completely still, listening for any movement. She had rolled several feet off of her original path, which gave her a small advantage. After several moments, and not hearing any sounds out of the ordinary, she slowly lifted her head and looked around. She checked her right side, then her left. She spotted him. He looked exactly the same. Same muscle mass, same height, same chiseled face. Yet now, he just looked like a monster. The man she thought she loved, star quarterback on the varsity football team, had suddenly become something from her worst nightmares. She spotted his weapon of choice, something that she had seen before. Was it his father’s? Maybe his brother’s? She couldn’t remember. A snub-nose .357 magnum. She wasn’t familiar with guns, but she had seen this one before. She focused her attention back on his face. His face was dirty, and he had suffered a deep cut on his forehead and left eyebrow. He had blood streaming down his face, but didn’t pay any attention to it. He looked around, he was doing exactly what she had been doing. He stayed completely still, and moved his head very slowly, staying completely alert. Without making a sound, she rose to a crouching stance, and began to make her way away from him. She prayed to some sort of a higher power that she would survive the night. She stopped to listen again for sounds. All she heard was the click of a hammer, and felt a cold barrel touching the back of her head.