the clown statue | Teen Ink

the clown statue

This girl was babysitting for some family friend ,a little boy and girl. the parents had a fetish for clowns and had collected them from around the world for years,setting aside a room in the house just to put them on display. that's night the children were playing in that very room. many clowns were just statues and some were life size,one in particular was seated in a small child like rocking chair.

This babysitter started feeling more uneasy about this statue throughout the night.she felt though the eyes were following her whenever she moved around with the children. she decided to call the parents.”i'm sorry to bother you”she begged”but i was wondering if i could move this clown you have in this rocking chair,it's starting to scare the kids.” “ what clown are you referring to?” I don't recall us having a clown fitting that description.are you sure it's sitting in the rocking chair?” the mother asked hurriedly. “yes i'm sure”answered the girl” i'm looking at it right now ... “why?” I know it's old and i shouldn't attempt to move it”take the kids and get out the house right now . the neighbor across the street will let you in. call me immediately when you get there” and with that the mother hung up.frightened and confused the babysitter grabbed the kids and ran out.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                  When she and the kids arrived safely at the neighbors, she called the mother and the mother answered”what's wrong?”did something something happen?” are you all okay?”. The mother explained that the next door neighbor was crazy and one night he tried to dress up like a clown and pretend to be a clown and tried to kidnap the children.