A Melancholy Message | Teen Ink

A Melancholy Message

November 29, 2015
By ShatteredStar BRONZE, Sydney, Other
ShatteredStar BRONZE, Sydney, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Chaos will fall.The world shall be corupted.A monster that should never exist is born."

Chapter 1: Mistake

He knew he was different to others the moment he was born.The doctor said after the surgert,"chaos will faqll,the world shall be corrupted.A creature that should never exist is born."

Years later, a mysterious man appaearewd infront of the dark,gloomy mansion.If you look closely,you can see the features of a young adolescent, still lack of experince,Yet, as soon as you stare into his dull, lifeless eyes,you knew you are wrong.Once you saw his eyes,it's just impossible to look away.There can only be one person with eyes so cold yet beautiful, Felix.

 

Growing up in an orphange, Felix knew nothing about his parents.Nobody knew who he is, or where he came from.Despite the fact that he stayed in the orphange for more that 16 years,he still finds it difficult to fit in. Even when he was playing with other children, he felt different.He felt that something was missing, as if there is something torn away form from his chest.Lonliness haunted him.Felix believed that he was meant to be alone.

However,that was not exactly true,every midnight, a figure in black mask appears infront of the orphage, offering everything Felix needed to survive.She was like a myth, hard to believe, impossible to reach, but somehow true.

Realising the fact that he might not be alone,Felix tried to approach her. But all that was left for him was her lonely and mysterious shadow.To Felix, she was like a delicate dream, close and at the same time, far far away.The pain of being alone sufficated him for all these years.

Until now.

Chapter 2: Hope

He was determined to find what was missing and what it takes for him to be just like others and here he was.

Standing infront of the neglected mansion he whispered to the wind."Finally...Finally..."

He exhaled.

Body shivering with excitement , he reached for the door.Coincidence or not, frigid wind howled againest him.Shiver raced up his spinemit was then when he truly realised how flat and lifeless the mansion really was.

Silence.Absolute silence.

Without hesitation, he opened the door and walked in.He wandered around,eyes examining the eerie rooms.The mansion seemed older than a fairytail, dark and mysterious.Felix walked into the cramped pathway leading to an endless darkness, letting himself submerged by it.Slowly, he stopped.

Light shone on him,he looked up the window.The warmth of the moon penetrated through him, he reached out.

"How can you still shine so beautifully when you are surrounded with nothing but gloom?"He said beneath his breath.Felix scuffed aimlessly until when he reached the stairways.

He gulped.

Chapter 3: Betrayal

Felix stood there, petrified. When suddenly he started running, as if someone was puuling him forward, like a puppet.Sweat ran down his neck.He breathed rapidly."This is it!I can feel it!" He thought with great excitement.He lurched faster and faster.Windows creaked open as the blew blew hard againest him as Felix's hair flew in the air.He puffed.

Felix stopped.Standing infront of the vintage door,he grinned."At last I am here!" He reached for the door, when he caught a glimpse of something moving, Felix turned around. In the darkness, he saw a silhouette of a woman walking towards him.Suddenly understanding something, he smiled mirthlessly."Even you are trying to stop me,huh? And here i thought you were my friend."

"I am"

"Then why are you stopping me?"Felix frowned.His anger raised.

"Because I am your friend." Her calm, beautiful,yet cold voice echoed in his head.

"No.No you're not! You are not making any sense!!If you are truly my friend then you wouldn't stop me!"

"Listen, Felix. Nothing makes sense in this world. Humans are weird and ruthless creatures. In order to survive in this world, you can trust no one."She said it so quietly that it almost sounded like a whisper.

"Then why the hell should i trust you!" It must be because that Felix was blinded by anger in which had stopped him form detecting the sorrowness in the young lady's tone.He opened the door with force and marched in. Slamming the door behind him, he had no idea of the girl's painful expression.

Chapter 4: Regret Message

"I'm sorry, Felix.But there must be a sacrifice in eveything we desire.You have already sacrificed too much, so this time, i will be the sacrifice, for you." She murmured.

If only the wind passed it on.If only this melancholy message had reached him.

But of course, Felix had no idea. In the middle of the room laid the thing Felix wanted for all his life. He ran and held it in his hands.It was like fire, the warmth spreaded through his body. Felix smiled as he putted it in its original place. And it was that exact moment that the mysterious stopped breathing.Slowly,his smile faded.All the warmth left, all his excitement and happiness diappeared and all that was left for him was the cold and harsh reality.

"Bu-But..."

Something triggered him.His eyes downcasted, his face blackened as tears scrolled down his face,nonstop.

"Why? What is happening?It hurts!It's painful!Why is it so heavy?Its not suppose to be like this!Why am i crying?What have I done?" He stammered.

His heart ached.his stomach twisted.Felix stood there,paralysed, when a gentle wind blew past him.Realising something,he laughed bitterly at himself,his hand shivering.

"Is this what I wanted for all my life? Is this what it feels like to have a heart?And all this time ,I thought I was cursed when in reality, I was protected!" He whispered as he dropped to the hard,freezing ground.

Maybe,just maybe, the wind passed it on.And perhaps,the message reached him.The message that was left by the guardian of his heart.

                    The End