The day after.... | Teen Ink

The day after....

By kattta BRONZE, Lee's Summit, Missouri
kattta BRONZE, Lee's Summit, Missouri

A high pitched scream had welcomed the new early morning that day. Hearts was still in her room in her bed. It had came from down the hall. She wasn't fully awaken by it but, she knew she had heard it. She could hear the guards and chaos, rumbling about threw the hallway, right outside her door. She could hear millions of voices, but couldn't make out all the words they'd said. But she was determined to fully go back to sleep. Until, she started hearing a guard, no more than one guard, trying to kick open her locked door. That's when her eyes had flew open and wide. Someone different was finally coming in her room? Would her Mother finally let her out? Hearts struggled to quickly sit up. And when the two guards at last managed to bust open her door, it had made Hearts jump.

" Princess, are you okay?," one asked, breathing hard out of his mouth.

She stared at them both for a while, her eyes still wide with fear. She didn't know how to respond, she hadn't spoken to any other person for so long.

" Um, yes, of course. What's wrong? What's happening?"

" Just stay put, your highness, don't move,its for your own good.We have everything under control," the other guard told her. Then they both hurried out, leaving her questions unanswered. Hearts sat back, letting her back rest up upon her many pillows. They had left her door wide open and she afraid to look up and see what was outside of her door. But she had to know, so she slowly raised her head up to look out. Guards and soldiers. They yelled at some of the workers to stand back and that they had everything under control. They were consistently running up and down the hall, there had been investigators there too. Hearts heart had sped up, panic and fear all at once, creep up on to her. And like a blanket it wrap its self tightly wrap around her body. She wanted to know what was going on. She was only seven, and even though she had been locked away from the world and didn't have a clue on how it worked, she was still wanted to know. How could she just sit there while her moment of freedom was open up right there? Hearts knew that the guards hold told her to stay put for her own safety, but she couldn't, she knew she couldn't stay in her room forever. And her mother had known it as well. Hearts knew that just because she'd been trapped in her room almost all her life, and no one had ever seen what she looked like, she was still the princess of Hearts. She was still and would always be a Royal Hearts. She shouldn't be taking orders from people she was highly above, they should be taking orders from her. Hearts gather up all her courage before sliding her feet off the side of the bed and standing up. Trying to keep the young lady posture that her mother had taught her, she walk towards the door. The door that had held her captive for so long, the door that felt like the exit from prison. When she stepped out into the hallway, she couldn't believe that her bare feet were standing on ground that didn't belong to her sleeping chambers. She had finally left her bedroom, finally. The rush and hurry of people suddenly had frozen in place, like statues. And all eyes were glued on her. Because they'd actually seen, princess Hearts for the first time. News reporters and journalist, already there. Their crazed eyes drilled on her, dying to hear and write her story and then share it with all of Wonderland. She knew she couldn't let them make her spill it all out, she couldn't do that. She escaped their stares and turned her vision to where most of the activity was at mainly happening at. Far down the hall. At her mothers sleeping cambers. She saw one of the royal solider, trying to claim down an in panic, shooken up, servant. Probably the women who had screamed. Hearts began in that direction. That one move had started up the news reporters and journalists, they were like wild animals, having to be held back. They snapped their bright lights, flashing of in her direction, but she was turned away from them, so the lights did not blind her.They shouted and yell questions at her,but Hearts hadn't payed any attention to them, she didn't even care about them. Down the at the far hall the people did the same thing, their eyes glued onto her as she past thew. Hearts was just about ready to enter her mothers sleeping chambers, when she was stopped by one of the guards that had gently grab her upper arm from behind. It was one of the guards that had came into her room.

" Your highness, you were suppose to stay in your sleeping cambers, I don't think that you-"

" Let go of me," she mumbled, then she yanked her arm free from he's grip, then turned to face him. She tried to do as her mother had thought her. And she looked him dead in the eye with most serious face she could put on. " I don't take orders from you, you take orders from me."

" Of course, princess," the guard agreed, backing off to let her proceed on.

Hearts twisted herself forwards again. There was a gather of people surrounding her mothers bed. Where was her mother anyways? Hearts ran up the staircase that lead to her mothers bed. The people had spotted her once she reached the top. Their voices slowly faded out and they made a pathway so that she could see what all the chaos was about. She'd hesitated, before continuing to walk through. When she had gotten a good, clear, view, she'd saw something. Something unbelievable.

This is apart of a book that I've been writting called the Hearts murder. The Hearts murder is the first book in a series called The royal Hearts chronicles. If you liked this than you'll want to read the full book. I hope to get it published and out on the book selves soon.