I can see him | Teen Ink

I can see him

My  hand trembled again

It was another day again at the school. A boring one just like any other day.

“Cheer up.” My friend whispered to me as we jolted down notes.

How can I cheer up when everyone around me makes me feel down? A rhetorical question. You don’t need to answer. Everyone seems to be bored too. Casually glancing at the clock and rolling their eyes at the teacher.

But there’s a peculiar person that always catch my attention

He’s a boy for starters.

He had this most pale skin yet darkest hair ever. He looks sick but he wore this smile that could light up a whole room whenever he’s in class.He was wearing the old school uniform of our school yet the teachers never bothered him.

His eyes are so blue that you could drown just by watching them.

Sure he was cute and all. But his positivity in class never fails to amaze me. If anyone could see this they sure will try to talk to him someday.

But that’s the thing.

They ignore him.

He raises his hand for answering the questions the boring teacher gave to us. But they ignored it.

He says hi to everyone but they ignored him.

I was going to say “Rude!” while pointing a ruler to the faces to show that ignoring someone who just said hi to make your day better is rude.

I lost hope on my schoolmates.

But then again I am an awkward 15 year old teenager who lives in the middle of nowhere, studying at a middle of nowhere high school who’s also scared of spiders and ghost and intimidated by my other schoolmates.

My hands trembles whenever I feel scared or intimidated

I became silent.

But I notice something.

This boy didn’t even frowned when those people ignored him. I’m happy that he’s that positive. I admired him

One day. Another boring school day. The teacher asked us to group into 3.My friend went to my seat bringing her book bag while I sat there hoping to find the boy.

“Who are you looking for?”

My friend asks. I turned to her.” Have you noticed the boy who’s always wear that happy smile. Like he’s so positive it will make you puke.”I asked, looking around.

“Not that I’m aware of. Is he here in our class? “She asked, jolting some notes.

“Yes.” I said.

“I don’t know.” She said.

I stood up looking around.

I want him in our group. Not that I like him. I just want him to know that he’s not alone. I found him at the end of the room. Looking around too. Still wearing that happy smile.

I walked up to him.

“HI, I’m Ria.You know you can go to our group if you want to. I mean we need another group partner. So you want to come?” I asked with a smile.

His face distorted to confusion and the color on his face drowned.He looked at me like he just seen the most shocking thing that a man in the this world could have seen.

Maybe he’s afraid of people.

But why did he always greet everyone except me ?

Maybe he hates me.

“If you don’t want t-“

“You can see me? “He said in a trembling voice.

My friend called.I turned to her.She was walking up to me.

“Why are you talking to a wall?”She asked.

I turned around.

He wasn’t there anymore.

My hands trembled.