Death is Right Behind the Corner | Teen Ink

Death is Right Behind the Corner

By potato18 GOLD, Sacramento, California
potato18 GOLD, Sacramento, California

"Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don't be afraid to take that first step."

It was a beautiful full moon night on the last day of October which is the 31st . All you see in the sky is the sparkling stars and the feeling of nice refresh cool breeze in the air. So 3 best friends May, June, and April decide to go on a road trip for the fun of Halloween and up into the mountains at 9:25 pm. Then they were on the road singing, laughing, chatting and joking for about 2 hours and 35 minutes. Right as they were getting tired and about to turn back home a girl on the street crying and calling for help caught May’s attention. “Hey, guys do you see that girl or is it just me?” May asked as she was wondering. “Yea, why?” June and April replied together as they all got out of the car to see the girl if she was ok. “What happened, are you ok?” June asked the girl. “Please help my father please!” The girl responded quickly as tears rolled down her pale white cheeks. “What’s your name and where is your father?” April asked the girl as she sighed. “It’s Lily and my father is at our cabin, please let’s go now hurry!” Lily shouted as she hurried and rush into the woods. “Ok hurry guys….” May told June and April as she rush into the woods. They all walked with Lily for about 20 to 25 minutes in the woods then finally they arrived at her cabin. And as soon as they got there May realized a bad smell all around them also she sees look of the cabin seem so old and had been abandon. And the others didn’t seem to notice but she kept it to herself on the way in. Then in the living room they see Lily’s father on the couch with blood everywhere. “What happened to him and why is there so much blood all over him?” April asked with a dead pale face from shock. “How long has he been bleeding?” June asked as his voice shakes. “For about an hour or two.” Lily replied calmly with a small smirk on her face that only May caught. “Run and don’t look back leave, now…” Lily’s father whispered to May as she sat on the floor. Then right that moment May’s eyes grew wide and she knew that something isn’t right. And that’s when May saw her with an evil smile then all of a sudden the door closes. Then May feels the chills and goose bumps from head to toe. “Something is really wrong and I don’t feel very comfortable with her now.” May told herself as her body trembles. “Hurry let’s take him to the car and into the hospital as soon as possible.” June told the girls as he left Lily’s father’s arm and around his neck. “Ok, ok, ok! Hurry then!” Lily yelled and rush them out the grabbed a chef knife and put it in her back right pocket. They rushed through the woods and got to the car in 15 minutes. Then Lily looked at June and May that they weren’t focusing on April by the tree. And at the moment she went for it she knocked April out and dragged her into the woods. Suddenly a loud scream came from the dark spooky woods. “Did u hear that or was it just me, June?” May asked and she concentrated in looking into the woods with the full moon as her light. “Yeah….. Why? Wait where is April?!” June asked as he looked at May with a dead serious face expression. “APRIL……! Don’t play like that hurry!” May yelled as tears roll down her cheeks. And they both search for April while Lily’s father is still in the car. They searched and searched for 10 minutes and finally June found one of April’s sneaker. Then right before he was going to call for May he saw some blood and he decided to follow it. And there she was April lying dead on the ground next an oak tree but the scary thing was all her insides were outside. Her guts and blood spilled out like a volcano explosion and June stood there with fear and just froze there. “Did u find her, June? Hello?” May called out to June then saw him next to April and crying. May then took a look and saw her best friend April dead with her guts and inside spilling and poor out. Then the smell hit May hard in the forehead that it was the scent of dead bodies. And she dragged June as fast as she could and ran to the car as the both got in the car they saw Lily. “Hurry close the door!! Hurry!!” May yelled to June. “Wait, what why?” June asked. “She’s the killer hurry!” May shouted and screamed as they close and lock the doors. Finally Lily got in front of the car and screamed and laughed as she enjoy the color of blood on her hands and clothing. Next started to cut herself with the knife and mumble to herself. “You guys shall not leave here ever if you guys do I will come running after and haunt ya all down mock my words.” Lily said as she started to laugh and look at June and May. Then May got scared and step on the gas pedal and left. And when they got to the hospital then Lily’s father wasn’t actually her father but a stranger. Next they both went home and when the open the front door there was a bright light. And the closed their eyes and open it and it was all true it was just the past because they didn’t make it they all died. Because only they thought they didn’t died but they did already it just starts all over again every year.

What inspires me to write this was that i love to make people enjoy reading.