The Man in the Long, Black Coat | Teen Ink

The Man in the Long, Black Coat

By TheCyberGirl BRONZE, Jakarta, New York
TheCyberGirl BRONZE, Jakarta, New York

“Daddy, can you wait for a while, I wanna buy a hot chocolate” I said while I pointed a coffee shop. “I’ll wait outside sweetheart” He answered. I entered the shop and I ordered a cup of white hot chocolate, While I was waiting for the coffee I saw my dad and a creepy man with a long, black coat. Very quickly, he pulled a gun and shot my dad. It all happened so fast, I can’t even help my dad. I ran outside and kneel in front of his body, “Somebody call the ambulance please!” I screamed. A few minutes later the NYPD arrived and carry my dad away, they asked me whether are they allowed to investigate the murder of my dad as he is one of the important people in Wall Street.
As soon as they investigate who murdered my dad they bring the case to the court. The man who murdered my dad was charged with murder in the first degree and sent to prison for life. I cried and the detective came to me and say “I’m sorry for your loss, Victoria” I remained silence. I sat on a café and remembered what happened to me 12 years ago. Its 7.45 AM and I’m about to go to work. Now I am working with the New York Police Department as an assistant Defense Attorney, I’m A.D.A Victoria Taylor, 3 years ago I graduated from Harvard University as one of the best graduates.
I’m sick of waiting, so I follow my heart. I come to the prison and meet the man who killed my dad. He is bald, creepy, and he looks like any other murderer I have ever put in jail. He stares at me and said “What do you want?” with a very creepy voice. “Listen! I just want to know, why my dad? I was just 13 when you kill my dad. Don’t you think how I felt as a teenagers living with a father” I raised my voice. “Your dad is a huge corruptor, he deserves it.” He answered. “no, he is not. I know him better than you!” I replied. “But the world know him better than you” he answered “The world knows he corrupted millions of dollars from the wall street for his own” he continued. “He never told you, did he?” he asked, “no! because he is not a corruptor. I’m done with you” I answered him. “I’m done, sir” I told the guard.
As soon as I talked with him, I go back to my office and finish my work. But I can’t get over what he said to me, out of no where I just believed what he said. But on the other side I trusted my dad more than anybody else, because he is my dad. I just can’t think about it, so I call a friend of mine from Harvard to come and meet me. One hour later, she came and meet me in the office. “Hello, Ms. ADA” she said. “Hey, thanks for coming” I answered. “sure, why do you call me here anyway” she said. “you know my dad was murdered right?” I said. “yeah! Why?” she asked. “I met the man who murdered my dad today, and I asked him why did he murder my dad. He said my dad is a corruptor. Liz, I know my dad, he don’t take peoples money for his own goods” I replied. “don’t trust what a murderer said Vic” she answered. Then, I chat with her all night. But I still can’t forget what the man in the long, black coat did to my dad. I can’t get over it.