Abandoned | Teen Ink

Abandoned

By FCHayden BRONZE, North Augusta, South Carolina
FCHayden BRONZE, North Augusta, South Carolina

Her heart was pounding violently as she ran through the old abandon house, that her friends forced her to enter against her will. She could feel the assailant gaining ground, she felt the large footsteps on her heel. She let out ear piercing screams, as she felt the rough scaly  hand wrap tightly around her frail throat. Outside the house her friends panic, and ran inside. At first they thought she was playing a trick on all them. After quite some time they finally knew something was wrong. They all ran frantically into the house. They searched the entire house top to bottom and found nothing, it was completely silent.

Earlier that day they all sat around at school, waiting for the 3:30 bell to ring, allowing them to go home. Tiffany and her group of friends overheard another group of people saying that they were going to find this abandoned house at the top of the hill on Wire Road. Tiffany has always been known as the shy introvert of the group, she doesn’t really talk too much and tries to avoid any confrontation with anybody outside of her group of friends. Then all of her friends told her that they would be willing to bet that she wouldn’t go inside of the house, Tiffany at that time began to get fed up with her friends making fun of the person she was. She all of the sudden  in a loud burst of words, told them all that she would meet them at the corner store on broad street, tonight at 10:00.

A few minutes later the bell rang and they all walked out to the back parking lot. They decided to go out to eat at the dinner a few blocks from all of their houses.  They all headed home around an hour later, and every second of the short period of time between the end of school and the time they arrived home, they all doubted Tiffany and the fact that she was actually going to go to the house. They all sat in the living room of Tiffany’s house, passing time before they went to the Abandoned house.

The time finally came, and they all crept silently across the wooden floor and  down the hallway. Reaching the steps they are careful to avoid the second to last step. Living in the house for over 15 years, Tiffany has found that is the only step that makes a ear piercing creaks as you walk across it. They walked down the street, staying in the shadows so none of the neighbors will spot them. They are aware of even the faintest whisper. As they round the corner with the house in their sights, Tiffany feels the pits of her stomach start to churn, and she regrets the decision she made to go inside. She knows she can’t back out, but what actually happens will change their lives forever. Tiffany walks up the weathered wooden steps to the front door of the house. She turns the once golden knob, now corroded from all the time it has sat, not once being turned. The door breaks loose from the rusted hinges and slams to the floor shattering what was once an erie silence. Tiffany pushed her way through years of dust and cobwebs, making her way to a dilapidated staircase that was missing three of four steps. She casously plants her left foot, in the center of first step, it lets out a loud cracking sound but supports her weight. She reaches the top, to find a dark figure standing in the far corner of the hallway. She freezes in her tracks, her feet as they are stuck to the floor. She tries to scream but nothing works, she stands staring in silence. In a sudden burst of movement, the shadow disappears in one of the room at the end of the hall. She takes off after, she has to know what it was. As she enters the room she sees the figure, staring deep into her soul as if he could see everything she has ever done and knew what she was thinking at that very moment. The shadow removes the night black hood covering the face of dark green goblin, with the teeth of what looks to be that of a prehistoric creature. Perfect for tearing flesh from the bone and easily capable of dismantling a person of Tiffany’s size. She let’s out the most gut wrenching cry that anybody has ever heard, that is when her friends started to panic. They knew something wasn’t right. They didn’t know if they should go inside after her, they were scared for their own lives. Tiffany’s heart raced violently as she raced down the hallway, knocking over lamps and tables trying to shake the goblin. She tumbled down the staircase tearing flesh from her arm on the broken wood. That is when her right foot slipped between the two stairs, and she was trapped. She fretfully tried with every ounce of strength in her body to pull her foot free, seeing the goblin appear from around the corner at the top of the stairs. She knew it was the end she was caught, but surprised to see the goblin disappeared into thin air. Right before she pulled her foot loose from the stairs, out of nowhere the goblin rises from below and drags her through the staircase, wrapping its scaly hands around her frail throat. Tiffany covered in blood lets out another scream. Her friend finally decided to all run inside to try and see what was the matter. Only to find a large pool of crimson blood in front of the staircase, they all hover in shock, knowing they pressured her into doing this. They don’t know what to make of the situation, they just lost their best friend.  They all decide to save themselves from any trouble, that they would all take their lives at the foot of the tattered staircase.

I had to write this for school