Three days Passed | Teen Ink

Three days Passed

By Insidemymind123 GOLD, Kent, Washington
Insidemymind123 GOLD, Kent, Washington

Three days passed.  I went back to the trail that was deeply hidden in a cave most thought was buried beneath rocks. It was the place only we knew of and hid from the outside world. We found it when we were still innocent little girls way before the evil of this scary place consumed us.
I was surrounded by an earth full of guilt and held by a frightening reality. It was one of those days, those days when emotions danced across the sky in an ever repeating pattern. The sky was a guilty gray and the sun was covered by its inner evil. I was sitting on the largest rock in this heavy forest of sorrow and near my feet was a creek full of tears. The blood was still beneath my nails and dirt still flowed inside my veins.” I lost something,” I whispered to a squirrel, whose fur was grayer than the sky. An I promise he looked at me with his beady black eyes as if asking what, so I told him before he scurried off like my sanity. 
“I lost myself,” I said as I shook with every drop of rain that the heavens cried. The stream at my feet gently rushed through each of my terribly painted toes as I looked to see the reflection of someone I thought I knew. In that reflection I saw it, her earring. We had matching ones, see we were best friends and always promised to be. But it seemed my foolish friend never learned the rule of keeping your friends close but enemies closer. The earring glistened like a glimmer of hope in the midst of darkness.  With a smirk I kicked it to the side, and with that I became a monster trapped inside the human world.  The truth was I was no longer your “average” teenage girl. The crooked clouds were coming closer and closer to me as If I was suffocating.  “Leave me alone,” I cried as I kicked the air around me in a tortuous child-like tantrum. The air smelled poisonous as if its mission was to get rid of me. “You can’t stop me,” I spit as I put my harmful hands around my fragile face. I screamed to these fools around me that now my soul feeds off the displeasure of others. That it was amazing to see the length of our twisted moral spectrum and how far we can pull it before it breaks. Because when it does there’s no repairing.” As I lost myself in the fog of my mind, I heard a noise. It was exactly who I expected it to be, those damn trees.  The trees watched me with shameful eyes and that’s when I remembered. They had seen everything.  I ran to these broken brown witnesses and attacked them with all my might.  I was screaming so loud that time stood still to listen. No longer, could I hear the sounds of birds that whispered I was to blame. No longer, could I feel the wind that held me before. No longer, could I feel the dirt that was silently sucking me in to its core. No longer, could I feel the presence of warmth inside this scared spirit. I felt nothing except my chest twist and turn as it fought its greatest enemy, itself.  I stopped attacking and looked to see these hands whose lines did things that only the maker knows. My hands were bleeding. “I’m bleeding,” I said to myself as I broke into a psychotic laughter. I wiped this beautiful red paint on my blue jeans and swallowed myself whole. I finally took out that piece of paper that said my dear friend was missing and eyed it one more time. As I crumbled it up I whispered, “Best friends forever,” and threw it in the creek of bones. 

friendship

Queenjonah BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
The imagery and vivid details in the story are exquisite. When the story says, “The sky was a guilty grey and the sun was covered by its inner evil,” I feel as if I could see the grayish color of the sky and the covered sun. I am drawn more into the story with every sentence that I read. Amazing work!

itsbrittneybatch BRONZE, Big Lip, Louisiana

"I'm cool." - me

This sentence "No longer, could I feel the dirt that was silently sucking me into its core," spoke to me because that is the feeling I am longing for. I don't want to be sucked into something that is making me feel dirty.