The Maze | Teen Ink

The Maze

September 19, 2015
By Nancy_r_12 BRONZE, Riverside, California
Nancy_r_12 BRONZE, Riverside, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"why must the people who made you smile be cause of your trust issues"-nirvana


Maze
"Everybody makes mistakes, right?”
"Well at least I do.”
It was a mistake to walk down the alley alone. No jacket and as a bonus my phone was about to die. I had called Catrina but I had to walk home alone in the end.
I decided to walk down the abandoned alleyway a block away from home, and it wasn't that long until I figured out that someone was actually following me before I could do anything. A dark shadow came up behind me and clawed its sharp fingers into my skull, sending me into a state of shock and panic. I struggled with the figure who wrapped its arms against my neck, cutting off my oxygen intake until I was heaving for air. I fought until all I could see was visions of celestial stars and coal black nights were all I could see.
I woke up in a dark room which stunk with the scent of syringes and chloroform, almost as if it was a twisted clinic. It was empty but was filled with an abundance of shelves, posters, and a worn out bed near the wall.
There were three girls, one who seemed unconscious on the examination bed, and swirls of blood and lilac bruises scattered across her iridescent skin. I was terrified, I had no idea what was going to occur in the next hour or two. There was another girl in the corner sobbing uncontrollably and the last girl was sprawled across the floor with a pool of blood in front of her face.
I was trembling fervently.
"Where am I ?”
"Who in God's name are you ? '', she cried.
Dark circles under her mint green eyes, gave her the look of eternal sadness and exhaustion.
" That's G-aby and Emily.”
"I’m Unitey.”
"How did you get here?''I replied.
She said that the only thing she remembered was that a mysterious, yet alluring blonde boy invited her for a drink at the party she went to and then it just went all dark after that.
"we have to leave.”but suddenly
" the door creaked open"...
" A dark, skinny shadow came up to her.”
he glared at her, kicking her in the ribcage, until she stopped crying. I was screaming profanities, but he wouldn't stop. Once he left I helped the girl up. I had untied my arms and legs.
While I was untying her hands, she asked me
'' How did you untie the rope.”
"You can never leave without your pocket knife.”
"Ill signal you when its all clear.”
all she did was nod .I signaled her she ran across but no it was an old empty room with lots of papers and old rusty cabinets .I ran to a different room.
"come I found a way out hurry.”
that's when the man saw us.
''run lily, run ''.
I told her she ran to the door but we weren't able to open it ...
till the man had caught me and I was holding on to the door handle and that's when it opened.
"run lily don't stop".
I was screaming my lungs out
"let me go.”
"let me go.”
that's when i heard...
"wake up".
in like a whisper
then again
"wake up.”
but the voice was louder this time
"wake up.”
that's when i woke up, my mom was holding me tight
when I looked at her her eyes were watery she knew that I was dreaming about my sister Abigale
"everything is going to be ok".
my mom told me
ever since my sister was murdered this dream has haunted me for weeks.