REVENGE | Teen Ink

REVENGE

By tony_stark BRONZE, LAXMI NAGAR, Other
tony_stark BRONZE, LAXMI NAGAR, Other
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

CHAPTER – ONE

“AN INTRODUCTION”
It was a sunny day, the sun over the head making a perfect right angle with the ground, the warm summer wind blowing. I was there standing alone all by myself when suddenly, out of nowhere a man appears on to my right. I was startled and at the same time terrified, the man was about 6 foot tall, of a dark complexion and what appeared to be scars all over his body, but that wasn’t all the reason I was terrified was that he had with him a knife and blood all over him. My terror grew as I realized that I was in the middle of nowhere stuck with what appears to be a killer! I had nowhere to run if anything goes wrong there was nothing there only desert as wide as an eye could see. I was now, completely on my own, no one there to help if anything went wrong. I was terrified also because of what happened over the last few months…
Hello all, I am Tony, not the comic character, TONY MAXSON. I live in New York City, down the 55th street in a small apartment which I could hardly afford. I was 17 and still was still trying to figure out what life had stored for me. I am an orphan; I don’t know anything about my father, I just remember my mother telling me that he was out regarding some work. I never saw him. My Mother, she was an angel. She took care of me and raised me on her own with no money after my father abandoned us. My mother found a job as a professor at the community college. She taught Economics there, but at a cold night 6 years, there was a car accident in which my mother died and, since then I was on my own… in the city that never sleeps I was alone, I wandered the streets looking for food and finally was successful in securing a job at an Indian Restaurant. The place was owned by a Sikh couple. They paid me well and also fed me.
Since last week, there was news about a mad man roaming in the country on a killing spree. The media referred to him as “the BUTCHER” maybe because he killed all his victims with a butcher knife or because he slaughtered all his victims. I was a great fan of crime thriller TV series such as prison break; Dexter; criminal minds etc. I was curious to know all I could about him. According to the news, his real name was, Derek Shaw, according to the news he was an immigrant from Britain and was also accused of manslaughter and served time in the County Jail but now he was out on the streets again, angry, killing, slaughtering people all over the country.
I begun following that case, I had a friend in the NYPD in the Homicide department. Johnny Chase, a detective, the best at what he did. He was leading the investigation on the Butcher’s case. He kept me updated on almost every updates on that case. I got so much obsessed with the case, I decided to follow butcher’s tracks which is the reason why I am here struck here in the middle of nowhere with a man who probably IS the Butcher.
The man, in a heavy voice asks me, “A...Are you Tony Maxson?” I was standing there terrified and realized that he just said my name, now I was much more than just terrified. I stood still and quiet, he asked again but now he was more impatient, “is your name Tony Maxson?” he asked. I answered, in a scared and terrified voice, “ha….how….how do you know my name?” he pauses for a moment and continues with a sigh of relief, “oh god!! Finally! Thank god!!” I was confused, he continued, “Are you alright?” I was replied, “Yes…. But who are you?” he replied, “Don’t you remember Tony, I am your FATHER….”

I would be releasing the chapters on a weekly basis. Hope you enjoy it. It can get a little graphic so Reader's discretion is advised.