night of the dead | Teen Ink

night of the dead

By thelifeline117 SILVER, Rocky Point, North Carolina
thelifeline117 SILVER, Rocky Point, North Carolina

A blood chilling laugh rips the cold night air as a lone hooded figure carries three broken and bloodied forms to an ancient tree, you start to wonder what is he doing with those bodies? And then you notice something, that something is revealed when a cold shiver runs down your spine, your heart starts to beat faster, your breath starts to come quicker, and you start to become faint. for when you notice things hanging limply from the tree’s limbs; they are bodies of maybe hundreds of humans. And when you see the hooded figure again, you notice that he flickers like a ghost. And when he laughs, you go into a dark madness, from which there is no return.
This is the night of the living dead.
In the beginning there was peace, but now there is nothing but fear and chaos, this the story of Firenze, 1545.
Strange things happen, start to happen as the moon rises, for in the day this city is like a ghost town, but as the moon rises you start to notice activity. As the people turn their lanterns on you wonder why? How come they turn their lights on? But in the back of your mind you know why. You fill it in the air, you feel a fear and a dread as if an ancient evil emerges, as if it is synchronized with the rising and falling of the moon.
You notice something out of the ordinary, a single lantern is not on. Then you hear a scream a blood curdling scream of a person dying in agony. The scream is only there for a second. But a second too long for now it is burned into your mind you're, always hearing it. As dawn approaches you feel relief. For now.
As the days seem to feel shorter and the nights longer, you feel yourself going mad, you wonder to yourself why am I still alive? That one question baffles you. Each night you hear the maddening laughter, driving you further to the edge to the deep chasm of insanity.
Then one day you see three strangers seeming to come from the sun itself. You wonder why would these people come here, haven’t they heard? Do they know what’s happening? Are they here to save us? 
But then notice a hooded figure, and your hope is instantly shattered as the one in the middle of the trio start to take an interest the hooded figure. Then the three stranger feel the insanity that you feel yourself over the next two days.
But then on third day on the twelfth hour you hear a scream, a scream that brings a new a fear. The fear that seems to grip your heart like a cold iron clamp. Driving you over the edge. You go numb, you start to wonder is this ever going to end?
As the people start to lessen, dark secrets start to emerge, a single night that brings you over the edge.
As you see the hooded figure standing at the beginning of the hill.
Carrying three broken and bloodied bodies.
He brings them to an ancient tree.
You wonder why he does.
You start to question your own sanity.
You start to feel cold.
Your heart starts to race.
Your breath starts to quicken.
You start to feel faint.
For on that tree is hundreds of people dead
Dead…Dead …Dead.
And when he looks at you.
He laughs.
That rips apart your own sanity.
Your sanity shatters into a million pieces.
Drowning you into an everlasting darkness, from which you can’t escape.
And you scream a single word
Whyyyyyyyyyyy?!
And they say, at night you can still hear the blood chilling laughter to this very day.

Sax_King said...
on Sep. 23 2015 at 12:36 pm
Sax_King, Easley, South Carolina
@connorWritesStuff just got done reading your story very good job too you both

on Sep. 23 2015 at 9:58 am
ConnorWritesStuff BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado

Just because you started out bad doesn't mean you have to end horrible.

Wow! I love the way you wrote it! Keep it up.