The House on the Hill Part 4 | Teen Ink

The House on the Hill Part 4

By _EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee
_EffortlesslyShnazzy_ PLATINUM, Ooltewah, Tennessee

"If I waited until I felt like writing, I'd never write at all."

The drive downtown only took about 25 minutes and I arrived at the store with 5 minutes to spare. It was almost like I was late because when I arrived Tessa and the other girls were already there, crammed into Tessa’s BMW sedan. I exited my car and headed over to Tessa’s, knocking on one of the car windows. They turned toward me and one by one the climbed out of the car, following me into the store.

Entering the store was similar to entering a Walmart superstore. On every wall there were costumes and props, decoration and face paint. Just about everything that you could ever need for Halloween or any costume party was in this store. I couldn’t even make out what was on the far back wall, with all the shelves and because the store was so large. Tessa squealed and practically ran off in the direction of the goddess, angel and sparkly costumes. Christy walked forward and started looking through the cat jumpsuits and other animal costumes and Samantha headed off in the direction of the funky 70’s and 80’s costumes. I secretly loved Disney, so I went over to the Disney character costumes, hoping to find the perfect costume for me. 

I was browsing the shelves for a good costume when I came across a maleficent costume. I ran my hand over the dress, feeling it between my fingers. The material was thick, yet breathable and it would keep my warm in the chilly weather. The bottom of the dress swept the floor, long enough to trail behind me, but not long enough to trip me. I checked the size and it was a 2, my size! I inwardly shrieked slipping the dress from the hook, folding it over my arm. Something fell on the ground at my feet and I picked it up. It was a thick black choker to go with the ensemble. Looking around I found the staff propped up against the shelf. It was just above shoulder height and had the crystal blue sphere on the tip.

I took my items and hung them up in the dressing room. I quickly stripped down and threw my clothes on the floor in the corner. I gently pulled the dress over my head smoothing it out with my hands and it slid down my body. It felt so good and it was a perfect fit. It hugged my frame in all the right places and made me look regal. I picked up the choker from the floor and clasped it around my neck, picking up the staff in my right hand. I stood tall in front of the mirror admiring how the dress clung to curves I didn’t know I had and how it softly swished again the floor when I moved. This was the perfect outfit for me. But something was missing. I scrutinized my outfit in the mirror for a few seconds and found out what it was. The horns! I was missing the horns. I lifted the dress and ran out of the dressing room scanning the racks and shelves around for the missing horns. Finally I found them sitting on a shelf off to the sides. I stared at them for a while, awed by how they looked so magnificent up close. They were almost a perfect clone to the ones from the Disney movie: Maleficent.

You're feedback is greatly appreciated. What's your favorite part of the story so far? What can I improve on? Any ideas? 

Comment below your answers.