Killer | Teen Ink

Killer

By Aver78 GOLD, Fontana, California
Aver78 GOLD, Fontana, California

The man sits on his laptop searching the internet. Eyes darting side to side he slowing begins to feel the usual rage fill his being. For he has grown ever tired of the constant mocking his profession has subjected him too in the recent years. The putting of headphones on, and the cranking of heavy metal music causes him to spiral downward into an even greater rage. He stays there sitting on his couch listening with an increasing frown on his face until finally he has had enough. Standing now he begins to hear the voice in his head, “Kill! You must kill them all!”
“Why?!!” He voices aloud.
His mind responds, “It has been long enough. No one will ever know it was you! Have we ever been caught before?”
“No, we haven’t. But are you sure we should kill again so soon?”
He is met with no answer but he ultimately knows what he must do. After thirty minutes of gathering all of his favorite “devices” he is ready.
A rush of wind hits his face as he opens the door. Walking down the stairs he begins his “hunt.” Going down the sidewalk he takes note of many targets but one catches his eye. He licks his lips at the sight of her. Perfect. She is just a few feet away from him but even from there he is stunned by her beauty. Making sure not to draw attention to himself he begins to tail her.
“What a fool she is,” his mind speaks, “How little she knows of death. She will be engulfed!”
He cackles, “She will be consumed. By our hands.”
His mind echoes, “She will know when the time comes! We must follow! We must!”
He creeps behind careful not to seem menacing.  Watching her moves he proceeds to stay a good distance behind her. Even making sure to add little key stops like tying his shoe ever so often or pretending to drop something. He continues his stalk even as the side walk gives way to forest trail. 
By this time it’s been over an hour now and the former surrounding line of targets have all but vanished. It is just him and her now. 
“Now is our salvation! We must go!” his mind shouts.
He complies, slowly pulling his knife out he hastens his pace until he is ready for the death blow. But then something strange happens. She stops, right in the middle of the trail, then turning faces him smiling.
“I knew you were following me. And I knew you were the one from the moment I saw you.” She says almost flirtatiously.
Stunned, he takes a step back. The beautiful woman’s voice wavers demonically, “Don’t be scared, you came all this way to see me right? See the funny thing is I get this all the time.  I guess guys just love stalking me for some reason.” Sighing she takes a step back, “You know, all you guys make it so easy to do what I love all the time.”
“You do what all the time?”
“Kill…”
Shock struck him hard. “But I was here to kill you,” he thought.
From her dark coat she grabbed a knife and then lunged at him. Grabbing his knife he countered to the surprise of woman. The two remained in exchange both growing increasingly eager to take the others life. Breaking off she lunged again, but through quick reflexes he dodged and then countered slashing the woman’s forearm. Screaming she broke off into a fury of wild stabs. Moving from side to side he avoided all but one. Her last stab landed squarely on his face.
He immediately felt his whole forehead begin to throb. Staggering he wildly grabbed at his forehead trying with all his might to withstand doubling over in agony.
Clearly amused at this the woman began to chuckle.
“So I take it you kill as well?”
He remained silent thinking to himself, “Why not just finish me off? I have failed? How is she doing this?”
The woman did not take too kindly to this silence. Viciously kicking him on the floor she leaned over right into his face shrieking, “Answer me!”
He laid there for some time until responding, “Yes and you were going to be my next victim.”
Her increasing wild hazel eyes sparkled, “I never met another before.”
Thinking quickly he said, “You don’t have to be the only one.”
She stood taken aback, “What are you saying?”
“I’m saying we can kill together.”
In a strange move she turned her back on him folding her arms, clearly thinking. Taking this as a moment of weakness he jumped up and stabbed her in the back. The woman gasped and pulled away. In moment the two killers were knife fighting once again. Slashing this way, and blocking that way the two fought for seemingly hours until finally the man made a break through when the slash he made previously to her back started to take effect. Her seemingly impenetrable defenses now lay wide open as the man skillfully broke through her guard time and time again leaving her increasingly bloodied.
His torn forehead, he could not feel, as he struck her in the chin with a clean a swipe. Backing up he prepared himself for the final blow but was completely amazed when his victim to be started laughing.
“Ha-ha, you fight well, but you cannot honestly think that you can kill me! I’ve killed hundreds of men!”
Anger flushed his face, “We’ve killed thousands of women! You are nothing to us!”
The two yelled with animosity and crashed, locked wildly into a death embrace once again. But this time however the woman held the advantage. Her first wild stab, went straight through his jaw crushing the bone and leaving a gaping hole in its wake. With this action clearly leaving him weakened, his mind quickly began searching for answers.
“Run!” It screamed, and that is exactly what he did. Frantic, he threw his knife towards her head and took off not hearing the violent scream of agony that he left in his wake.
The rush of wind, the agony of his face, and the impending doom that surely awaited if he allowed himself to let up even a bit, all were thoughts that screamed in his head as he continued down his fearful path home.
“Go we must go! To the house!  We cannot die tonight! We are Gods you and I! Predator will never be the victim!  Run, run, run!” the voice’s manic filled words echoed throughout his head.
Just as his lungs began to burn with exhaustion he reached his house. Getting to the door he doubled over hands with his hands on his knee’s as he desperately tried to gain enough strength to find his open his door. After wait seemed like the longest minutes of his life, he gained enough strength to look up and see if he indeed lost his follower.
With both eyes darting from side to side scanning the sidewalk he caught no trace of his pursuer. Knowing that he must disappear he used his remaining newfound strength to open his door and go into his house.
Relief immediately washed over him as closed the door behind him, but this was short lived as pain gave him a shocking reminder of what he had just been through. Collapsing in agony, he laid against his wall bleeding out.
“We’re going to die aren’t we,” his mind asked as his checkered shirt pooled with his own blood.
He shuttered at the thought of what the cops would find when they finally noticed his death, all the guns, knives, and plans all have been for nothing and to make matter worse, “She still lives.”
Frowning at this thought he closed his eyes and was engulfed into the abyss.