Something Always Goes Wrong | Teen Ink

Something Always Goes Wrong

By Medhasood BRONZE, Lusaka, Zambia, Other
Medhasood BRONZE, Lusaka, Zambia, Other

The final forming of a person's charecter lies in their own hands- Anne Frank

Standing outside all by ourselves, the wind was cold and it was a dark and eerie night. My friends and I, only the three of us alone in the dark. We were having many crazy ideas, but finally settled on one, taking my mother’s car out for a drive.

I was in the driver’s seat, Tasha behind and Evan in the passenger seat. We were so confident, yet everything seemed to be wrong, a teenager driving a car for the first time. We being crazy teenagers didn’t wear our seat belts, our windows rolled down and the cool wind blew at our face.

The radio was blasting as we all sang along, joking around and having the time of our lives. I felt like a free bird, finally feeling like I’m living my life. I was surprised that I could drive so well. I guess my brother teaching me how to drive over the summer did come in handy.

“This place seems really eerie; I have never come across this place.” Tasha said, a bit worried.

“Oh don’t worry we are just living a little, nothing wrong will happen.” Evan assured Tasha, and she just nodded.

We ignored all the worries and tension that was there a few minutes ago and started enjoying ourselves again, feeling very carefree. There was a bright light that made me squint my eyes and blinded my vision.

“The car Sophia!” Tasha and Evan scream at the same time, really scared.

We all started panicking and there was a huge crash. Half of my body outside the car and half of it inside, I was crushed under the car. The cool wind hit my face, everything blurred out and my life was filled with darkness

Glass break, bloodshed, sirens people screaming and shouting, a very tense atmosphere was the last thing I remembered. I mean what do you expect? We were just fifteen year old teenagers having the time of our lives.