Darkness Awaits | Teen Ink

Darkness Awaits

June 9, 2015
By HarmeliaKollie SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
HarmeliaKollie SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
We never really grow up---- We only know how to act in public


It was a cold dark night where no feet touched the ground. A narrow alley leads the way, stray cats scratch, the night is lonely. Hot breath, breathing out smoke that seem to freeze in the air, covered in white from head to toe, looking like snow white. Corner store nearby, no need for driving. One step, ten two, then another, and yet another. Picking up the pace, I hear it as it got louder, Louder, LOUDER! Running scared, I turned a corner, hid on the dark wall, but IT seems to find me. Was it my scent? Me shivering? My breathing or the scare in my eyes? I turned the opposite direction, still running,... then TRIPPED. Fell down at the feet of IT.
Picked up by the collar, I stood straight, that fierce, heinous, scarring look in its eyes. Could have made me blind, could have murdered me or molest me. Not happening. IT stood, stared into my eyes, as if hypotizing me, calling onto the spirits. Then IT releases a breath, coming out green, cold as ice, coming from of its mouth, slithering down my spine, penetrating the deepest of my bones. I'm possessed. Under his complete control. It's the master, I am the servant. One mistake, disobedience, then off with my head.
Taking me into the woods, IT howled like a coyote. What was IT?Gang comes out, I'm introduced. They seem nice, 'till they get mad, chop you down with one single bite. I'm trained to be like them, to act like them, to suck the soul out of you, possess you, and get you wrapped around my fingers.
Night approaches, everyone's fast asleep. Picking myself up, dusting the dust off, I found a spear laying down next to IT. What was it doing with that? Was the plan to kill me? Couldn't take no chances. I picked up the spear, slowly, hovered over IT, spear in my hand, then... I dropped it. Let it go. Picked it up again, this time shutting my eyes, hunged over it, hands trembling with fear.. I aim the spear at his heart, it yelled YOWL! I jabbed it and jabbed it and jabbed it... it's dead. I killed it... I KILLED IT!! Something strange then happens. Its body decays right before my eyes. Body turned to green dust, then blue things filled the air. The spirits of those who had been victim of IT and had been possessed had rest in him. Now I've set them free. I've done my job.

Gang wakes up from the rackets, saw the spear, the spirits, ME! They ran after me, but I managed to escape. Trying to get a meal and revenge of their master, they caught up, right behind me, hands aiming to reach me, right behind my tail. I dodged them, pushed through branches, bushes, jumped, slide, duck, then BAM! I stumbled on a tree stump and hit my head onto the bark. I fell down, laying on my back, everything goes blank,... I'm unconscious.......

They've got me. I'm hanging over a pot of hot stew. Cornered around me, I surrender. I'm tied to a rope that's dripping into the hot stew minute by minute. Tried to untangeled myself from this sticky situation, to no avail.  I'm at the pot's mouth, lava flowing from its top, feeling the heat. I'm melting. There's acid in the soup. This is the end... I'm dipped into the pot, swallowed, its steam burning down to my bones, smelling it as it cooked me. Mmmmm, I smell delicious. I'm out of the pot, chopped down, entering their enternal organs, I'm done. I've failed... Top secret agent send to exterminate these "things", but I was exterminated out of existence...


The author's comments:

Felt like I needed to write something that has mystery, humor, and thriller. Something from my original writings.