Ernesto's Nightmare | Teen Ink

Ernesto's Nightmare

June 1, 2015
By ErnestoV96 SILVER, Pasco, Washington
ErnestoV96 SILVER, Pasco, Washington
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One day a large group of friends (same ages) from Vista Hermosa decided to go out and play hide and seek at midnight because they lived in a small community.  So they began to make two teams, one team which hides and the other team which goes and looks for the team hiding.  They would hide in random places such as on top of the library building, inside the mail box, in bushes, or in the playground.  None of the friends would ever hide alone, they would always hide with someone else because it would get really quiet and it was really dark.
Since people would hide in such random places all over the community it was difficult for the other team to find them, therefore the game always took a while to end.  This night team that was looking for the other team hiding decided to quit because it was difficult to find people.  Everyone had started leaving for home.  Ernesto, Jose, Jesse, and Lino began walking home together since they all lived next to each other.  As they were walking home they heard the scream of a woman.  It was 3 a.m. which was really surprising and scary because neither of them had expected to hear that.  They decided to go see if they could find out who screamed.
They were walking around every single street in Vista Hermosa but couldn’t find anyone, everyone seemed to be inside of their houses asleep.  Since they couldn’t find anything or anyone they decided to go home, but as they started to walk home they walked by the skate park and noticed that there was a girl standing in the middle of the skate park, they were thinking of approaching her to see if there was anything wrong, but as they started walking towards her she suddenly disappeared.  All four friends were so frightened that they began to run as fast as they could back to their homes.
As they attempted to run away Jesse tripped and fell, they didn’t want to leave him alone so they decided to wait for him until he was able to get up again.  He hurt his leg when he fell so he wasn’t able to run anymore.  All of his friends decided to walk him home since Jesse was hurt and as they were walking home the girl appeared in front of them once again, she was about ten feet away from them.  She was standing there looking at all four of the friends, her face was expressionless.  She was wearing a white dress which didn’t really seem white anymore, it was dirty, and had some red stains which appeared to be blood stains.
The girl in the white dress screamed and ran towards the four friends, she got as close as one foot away from the friends and she disappeared once again.  The friends were really frightened and didn’t know what to do, all four friends said that as the girl got really close to them they felt really cold.  They wanted to get home as soon as possible so they wouldn’t have to encounter the girl in the white dress anymore, they would also feel much safer inside their homes.  They continued walking until they finally arrived home, they each made it to their houses safely.
That same night when Ernesto got home after having seen the girl in the white dress he went to sleep, and he remembered dreaming of going into a home.  In that home he saw the girl in the white dress once again, he was terrified and though that she was going to try and take over his soul.  He tried hiding from the girl in the white dress, he hid inside the basement of the home and locked the door so she couldn’t get in.  To his surprise she walking right through the door and was able to get inside the basement, he was extremely terrified of what would happen to him.  He ended up getting lucky because the girl in the white dress didn’t notice that he was in the basement.
As Ernesto got out of the basement he found a note that said, “In order to free yourself you must be able to get out of this house, if you’re not able to get out your soul will belong to me.”  His heart was beating really fast and he began sweating because of how scared he was, he needed to figure out how to get out of the house as soon as possible.  The house was a mansion and it seemed as if he was in a maze inside of the house.
It was already morning but Ernesto was not able to wake up.  He was awake, or at least he felt as if he was awake, but he couldn’t get up.  He could not move at all nor talk.  He tried screaming but he couldn’t, he was very frightened because he had no idea whatsoever of what was going on or what was happening to him.  It was as if he was trapped inside of his dream.
He continued to try and look for a way out of the mansion because he knew this was the only way he would be able to wake up and fee himself from his nightmare.  He walked inside many different rooms, the rooms had no windows in which he would be able to get out through and escape the house.  He kept looking for a way out, but was unsuccessful.  Everything was dark inside the house, and he had no flashlight which made everything even more difficult to find.
He started hearing a voice call out his name so then he began to follow the voice in hope that the voice would lead him to the outside of the house.  As he got closer to the voice the voice began to get louder and louder.  The louder the voice got the easier it was to tell where the voice was coming from.  He was then finally able to find the door to the outside of the house.  Once he got outside of the house he was relieved because he knew he had feed himself and the girl in the white dress wasn’t going to take over his soul.  He was finally able to get up and his heart was beating very quickly because of how frightened he was.  As soon as he opened his eyes he saw that it was his mom calling his name telling him to wake up.
As soon as Ernesto woke up he began to tell his mom about the dream he had.  His mom knew right away who the girl was.  She said the girl was a friend of hers and she was killed by a serial killer when they were just sixteen years old, and she blames her mom because they were at her house.  His mom also said the girl tries getting revenge on anyone related to her.
By getting out of the house he broke her hold against Ernesto’s family.