True Love. | Teen Ink

True Love.

April 27, 2015
By TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
TKZEE GOLD, Pietermaritsburg, Other
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Today a future, tomorrow an emipre.


It had started out as a hobby, a play thing if you will. Nothing serious but as she developed into a young woman, so did her passion. Her fervour for dancing was just like her zeal for life; it brought her joy. Nothing else and nothing less. The love she had for dancing was intense. Day and night Lila practiced, she practiced until her feet were sore and bruised. Until her arms gave way, until she was utterly exhausted. Ballet was her life, she knew nothing else but ballet. Life outside the studio didn't exist for Lila Turnbrey.
Chapter 1.
Philip Turnbrey, aged 42, was a balding man. He had been divorced for nearly 5 years now and he liked it that way. The Mrs. had been a real pain in the backside and when she had slapped him in the face with divorce papers, he did not mind. Lila, his precious nineteen year old daughter kept him company and she was his everything, for a child, Lila took the divorce well. She immersed herself in the dancing, there were days when he barely saw her. But that was okay, Lila knew how to take of herself, she was a good kid- his Lila. Got excellent grades, was polite and best of all... no boys! He would never suspect his angel of doing anything wrong or anything wrong with her.
"Point and step,", "Point and step!", "I said point and step!" The dance instructor was enraged, foam bubbled at the corners of his tight mouth; "Lila Turnbrey, Lila, Lila, Lila. How many times must I tell you?" He didn't expect an answer, "Point and step," he demonstrated for the scared dancer, "It is so simple Lila," he clapped his hands and the music began again. Lila was not trying to annoy Thomas Le Blounc but it seemed everytime she tried to do the seemingly easy dance move, he raved at her. She was trying her best but he wanted more. Lila was a perfectionist, everything she did was right. This dance move was going to be right, "Point and step, point and step," his hawk eyes penetrated into her and pierced her soul. She twirled around and bowed, before she could leap into swan position the music abruptly cut, "Nope! You just aren't doing it for me, I don't feel your passion. Too stiff, just too stiff. You aren't losing yourself in the music, perfection is not the key Lila. You are.", "Me? I'm not the one messing up," Lila loathed criticism. It was her number one enemy. "Then who is Lila? Me?' Lila's deep brown eyes sparkled with fury, "I am the best dancer this studio has ever seen." Lila crossed her arms, "Yes, Lila you are good but you the potential to be great." Great? What was he talking about? Loony old bat, Lila was beyond great. She was so great she was dancing as the lead in Black Swan. Great, it was hilarious really, "I am great and you know it Le Blounc," Thomas narrowed his icy blue eyes at her. The room was thick with tension, the other dancers stared at the confrontation in awe, no one called Thomas, Le Blounc, and it was a complete insult. "Lila, pack your stuff and get out. And while you're at it, find yourself a new attitude. One with more je noi se quis!" With a flourish, he turned his back on her.
Thommas had the audacity to replace Lila with another dancer, another unexprienced, under-talented dancer. Lila was furious, shocked and saddened. All she had ever wanted, ever since she was a little girl was to dance. To move her body but that was gone now, Thomas had taken that away from her. After finding out about the tragic news, Lila stormed into her father's semi-detatched house. Tears streaming down her face, Philip knew when his little girl was sad; something had to be done, "Lila, what's wrong?" He awkwardly tried to hug his distressed daughter, "Lila-,", "Leave me alone! All of you leave me alone!" She broke free and hurled her way up the stairs, taking two at a time. Lila slammed the door shut. Philip stared at the brown door for a long time, baffled.
"Hello 911, what is your emergency?" "It's my daughter, oh my god, hurry please!" The voice was shaking with fear, "Calm down sir, now what's happened to your daughter?" The caller sobbed, "She's bleeding, there's blood everywhere and she won't wake up." The 911 operator dispatched an ambulence to 32 Terrace Stree, "There is an ambulence on its way, just keep calm sir," the caller mumbled, "My baby, my poor baby." Until the ambulence arrived.
Victim: Lisa Marie Turnbrey.
Cause of death: Rapture of the arteries.
Place of injury: Left and right wrists.
Age: 19
Place of residence: 32 Terrance Street.

All she ever wanted to do was dance.
Living your passion is not enough, to truly express your love for your art you must do the ultimate sacrafice. You must die for what you love. Your passion is your beginning and end. That is true love.