The Robbery | Teen Ink

The Robbery

May 19, 2015
By Dawson_Ray5 BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama
Dawson_Ray5 BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It is about a robbery that takes place

Chapter 1: The robbery

It was a hot summer day in 1999, I had just had gotten a call that a murder was taken place in Helena Alabama Lee projects. Somebody has robbed number 7 that poor family had lost everything. Sorry I haven’t introduced my self my name is Detective Jeff.   So I had went to go investigate how they had gotten in because the doors were bullet proof the windows had screen on it that you can only unlock from the inside of the house but then I walked around back and saw that the door had been unlocked and they had went to go get some groceries and had kept the door unlocked and they had gotten in the house when they had left. They were missing their flat screens and there Xbox and PlayStation. Apparently some one got cut because there was blood on the counter. So I got a syringe and I got the blood to go get it tested to see who’s blood it was. The name finally came up his name is Eldorado Sanchez it told his race and hair color but there was at least two people there but at least I fought one. So I headed over to his house and only the mother was there I asked the mother were Eldorado was she said she hasn’t seen him in 2 weeks and she said I saw him on the news that he was in a robbery though. So I told her to give me a call whenever he comes back. It was about a month later when Mrs. Sánchez called and she said that he was back in town he will be staying with her for a few days. So that was when I jumped into action and went over there to see if he was there yet. Which he was so Mrs. Sánchez came and open the door and I hided behind the stairs and she called him to come down to the kitchen and he came down the stairs and I jumped on him and I took him into custody. We had finally gotten back to the jail and we took him for questioning the first question I asked him was “who was with you during the robbery?” he said, “I will never tell.” Then that’s when I said “you tell me now or I will but you behind bars for life.” See I was the “bad cop” and my partner Jim Bob Joe he was the “good cop”. So he finally gave out and said, “ His name is George Lopez.” And I said, “ the T.V actor?” He said’ “No sir my friend.” “He told me that he needed some extra money so I said ill do it with him.” Then I said, “So you went and got your self cut while you was there how did that happen.” He said, “well we was moving the TV and a candle that was hanging up fell and it hit my hand and it started to bleed and it got everywhere.” So it was the next day and I had tried to find George Lopez he was a really good hider though I had got to say he must of won a lot of hide and seek games. But anyways I went to his house and his mom answered the door and said “He not here so sorry. Maybe you should come back another time he might be here.”  So it was about 6:00 pm till I came back and his mom answered the door and said that he was here and so I asked him if I could ask him some questions I asked him “Where were you at the night of the robbery.” He said, “ I was in my room playing my game.” So I said, “Are you sure that you was in your room.” He said, “Yes I know were I was.” So I asked him, “do you know who was there though?” He said, Eldorado Sanchez, and Juan Jose.” I said, “Are you sure.” He said, “yes.” So I go ahead and call it a night and I go to sleep. So when I woke up that morning my partner and me so we went to the police department. That morning to try and find Juan Jose but only one name came up and he lives in Mobile Alabama so we call him to see if he wants to come talk and he said he would meet us half way so it was about 3:00 when we had gotten there he said that he would never had enough gas to get up there so how would he had done that so we said thanks for your time and left so we went back to the Police Department and then we went back to George Lopez house to talk to him and his mom said he wasn’t there so I said can I come in so she opened the door and when I walked up stairs he wasn’t there and the window was open and clothes was thrown everywhere and she said that he had when with his friend. So I thought to my self he must be going to another state. So I asked his mom if she knew Georges phone number? So she did and he didn’t answer the first time so we called him again and… he answered so I grabbed the phone and said “were are you going?” he said, “Why do you need to know.” “I swear if I see you ever again I will put you behind bars for life.”
So it was about 3 years later and we had never caught George so we had to close the case. But if I see him ever again he will be locked up that kind of makes me mad. Since I didn’t catch George Lopez I was… FIRED!


The author's comments:

it is a mystery