The Haunted Mountian | Teen Ink

The Haunted Mountian

By countrygirl061098 BRONZE, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
countrygirl061098 BRONZE, Cape Girardeau, Missouri

“Hey Jess! Come here!” Jayce said pointing to a light on top of the highest mountain.
      “I’m coming, I’m coming! Give me a second to catch my breath,” I stopped for a minute then kept climbing up the mountain to get to Jayce. “Now what do you want?”
“Do you see that up there? That light? I think we should go see what it is, don’t you think Jess?” He gives me the puppy dog face.
“Jayce, it’s getting dark. Plus we know what it is, Jayce, It’s a light,”
“I want to know what the light is, please Jess, pretty please.” Jayce begged
I looked up at the sky. “Alright Jayce, but if something jumps out at me, I will kill you!”
“Oh, don’t worry about that I will protect you.” He kissed my head.
“Don’t be a doofus, you know that I will be worried because you know I don’t like to be scared.”
“You won’t get scared, I promise you that. And if you do they will meet Mr. Left and Mr. Right,” He shows me his fists.
“You’re such a doofus” I laughed. “But whatever floats your boat,” Jayce takes my hand as we started to climb again. “Jayce are you sure nothing gonna happen?”
“I’m sure of it. Nothing is gonna happen.”
“I’m trusting you on this.”
         The sun has disappeared as the moon tries shining through the clouds. It was foggy to the point that I can’t see a foot in front of me but I can still see Jayce. It was getting colder as we kept climbing. A howl came to the right of us. I felt like I couldn’t move.
         “JAYCE!!” I jumped and move closer to Jayce.
         Jayce laughed, “Relax it’s just a hungry wolf, looking for something to eat… or someone.”
         “Jayce this isn’t the time to joke around!” I smacked him in the arm.
         “Ow, that hurt,” he whined.
“You better stop it or it will be harder next time.” We continued walking. It’s getting foggier as we go. It was getting harder and harder to see. Suddenly I couldn’t see Jayce at all. Then I felt him let go of my hand. “Jayce?”
No answer.
“JAYCE!”
Still no answer.
“Jayce please answer me!” I didn’t feel too safe alone. “Jayce where are you?” I just stood there not know what to do. I saw a shadow up a head. “Jayce?”
I ran up to it.
Nothing was there.
“Jayce please don’t play games with me, PLEASE!!”
Another shadow stood before me, “Hi there, You must be Jess. I’m...”
“YOU’RE A GHOST!!!” I stumbled backwards leaning up against a tree. “GET AWAY FROM ME!!!”
“Hey! Hey! Chill, its okay. I’m a friendly ghost. I’m Riley and I’m 16, or I was when died.”
“You’re friendly? You’re not g-g-going h-h-hurt me?”
“No, I’m not gonna hurt you,” he laughed, “I just want to help you. I told you I was a friendly ghost and not a mean ghost.”
“Are you sure on that? Cause I was told not to trust a stranger… Or a Ghost.”
“Can you help me find my friend Jayce?”
         “Oh, yes I can. I know Jayce, well I think I do. Does he have light brown hair and wearing a red hoodie and blue pants?” Riley asked.
         “No he has dirty blonde hair, wearing a black hoodie, and blue jeans.”
         “I got the blue pants right though. Yeah I can help you. I’ll be more than happy to help you!”
         “Wait a minute, how do you know my name?”
         He smirked, “I know everyone’s name!”
         “How?”
         “I can’t tell you that. Why do you want to know how I know your name?”
         “Because you know my name and I think it’s weird for you to know my name…” I paused for a minute, “You said your name was Riley, right?”
         “Yes that is my name!”
         “And how old were you when you died?”
         “I was 16. Why are you asking me all these question?
         “I think I remember a Riley that passed away in a car accident when he was 16, and that was only two years ago!”
         “Really?” He looks at me like he was staring straight into my soul. “I don’t remembered how I died”
         “Okay, but can you stop looking me like that? You’re freaking me out!”
         “Sorry I didn’t mean to,” Riley turns around and thinks, “I still can’t figure out how I died, but who cares! Let’s go find your friend… wait what was his name again?”
         “His name is Jayce.”
         “Lets go find your friend Jayce!”
         Riley floats away. “Hey Riley! Don’t leave me here alone! Please! It’s dark and I can’t see a thing!”
         Riley shows up out of nowhere. “BOO!”
         “GEEZ! RILEY DON’T DO THAT!” I tried not to laugh but it failed.
         “Why are you laughing? Are you crazy?”
         “No I’m not crazy! I just think it’s kinda funny how scared I get.”
         “Well then come on and lets go find your friend… I forgot his name again”
         “His name is Jayce or you can just call him Jay”
         “I think I can remember that, maybe.”
         “You must forget everything don’t ya?”
“I do remember things I want to, like that your name is Jess.”
“How do you even know my name if I didn’t even tell you?”
“I told you already I can’t tell you that. So let’s go find Jay”
He starts floating away from me, “Hey come back here! I need you!”
“You need me? Why do you need me?
“Because I told I don’t like being alone! Geez!”
“Okay! Now let’s go find Jay now.”
“Just don’t leave me”
“I won’t leave you.”
         He started floating away and I followed. We climbed to the top and there was a hut off to the side of us. The light that Jayce say was glowing in the bright in one of the broken windows. The hut was all beat up. Some of the wood is missing and most of the windows are broken. I heard a scream.
         I ran towards the hut, “JAYCE!” Riley grabbed my arm, “LET ME GO, RILEY!”
         “Jess! Stop it, you can’t go in there!”
         “Why can’t I?!? I need to go help Jayce!”
         “I know, but you can’t go in there!”
         “Why can’t I”
         “Cause of the child ghost Jasper, He lives here on Hidden Mountain. That’s his home right there.”
         “I’m not scared of some kid ghost! I just want to go get my boyfriend out of there!”
         “Jess let me go, it’s too dangerous for you. Jasper will take your soul from you. And since I’m already it won’t bother me a bit. Oh and Jess don’t look behind you, but there is a Zombie behind you!”
         I turned around and there was a bloody mouth zombie coming straight towards me, “RILEY DO SOMETHING BEFORE HE EATS ME!!!”
         “Jess it’s okay he’s not gonna eat you, he’s friendly. But only a few of them are friendly around here.”
         “H-h-h-hello I-I-I’m A-A-Ashes. D-d-d-don’t w-w-worry I-I-I’m n-n-not g-g-g-gonna e-e-e-eat y-y-y-you.” The Zombie introduce himself.
         “He can talk?”
         “Yes he can talk, now I have to go, before anything else happens to Jay.”
         Riley floats into the building. I was alone with Ashes then Zombie, who is staring at me like he’s going to eat me. “Ashes?” I took a step back, “Can you not eat me please?”
         “I-I-I’m n-n-n-not g-g-g-gonna e-e-e-eat y-y-y-you”
         “Okay,” more zombies comes in the direction we were standing, “Ummm… Ashes? Why are they coming towards us?”
         He wipes some blood on my face that was on his face, “Y-y-y-you s-s-s-should b-b-be s-s-s-safe n-n-n-now”
         “Eww!! That is gross!”
         A evil hiss came from the hut, it sent chills down my back. Jayce appears and the fog disappears. I ran over to Jayce, I noticed a huge cut across his face. I moved his hair out of his eyes and to get a better look at the cut. He leans towards me and kisses me for the first time. A smile grow on my face. “I always have love you and I wasn’t gonna let anything happen to you. I promised you.”
         “Yes, you did. And I love you too” He kissed me again. “Now lets go before anything else can happen.”
         “Good deal!” He took my hand and we went back down the mountain together.