The Closet Door | Teen Ink

The Closet Door

May 1, 2015
By Em__77 SILVER, Brookwood, Alabama
Em__77 SILVER, Brookwood, Alabama
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 I never believed in Urban Legends until looking back on my death, I realized I had created one.
The last thing I saw was my clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long, rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams.  I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.
The door creaked slowly, slowly and I sat paralyzed in fear.  With deadly force the door slammed shut behind her.  Still frozen in place, I watched her approach me.  She possessed dark, unforgiving eyes and her mouth was twisted in a sick, menacing grin.  Her hands were bloody and her nails long, sharp, and piercing. I cried out in fear.
As she came closer she rose a single finger to her lips, silencing my screams.  Her dreadful figure loomed above me and for just a moment, a single second she appeared sorry; however, it must have been my imagination for her bony hands stretched out toward me.  I cringed in horror and screamed for help but she covered my mouth with her rotting hand and raised the other above my chest.
She plunged her hand down, down ripping through skin, crashing through bone, and stabbing my heart.
I looked up into her eyes as the world faded from view.  A single tear dripped from the corner of her eye and I saw no more.
With a gasp, I awoke and turned to my clock, it read 12:08.  I rose from bed and walked toward my closet to put my mind to ease.  I passed my wall mirror on the way and saw the reflection was not mine.  I glanced down in disbelief, I stumbled against the wall.  I had long, grotesque fingernails on rotting hands.  With horror, I realized I had become her. I was cursed as she was.
With tears dripping down my face, I opened my closet and stepped inside.  My fingers groped for the wall and instead my hand grasped a handle.  On the other side I knew another victim awaited to carry our curse.  With a shaky breath, I gently opened the closet door.
The End