My New Ghostly Friend | Teen Ink

My New Ghostly Friend

It all started my senor year in High school. As I was walking down the hallway headed to my 3rd period science class, as I’m passing my locker I notice something shinny hanging on the door. As I was getting closer I realized it was an envelope. Inside the envelope was a letter that read:

“Meet me at the third locker from the end next to the gym door at 2:20p.m.
your friend,
Genevieve”

As I was walking to class, I’m hearing my name being called aloud, I turn around to see who was saying my name and no one was there so I continue to walk to class I hear my name again, so I turn around one more time and I see nothing. I say to myself (am I going insane).Then I hear someone screaming. I get kind of scared and I start to kinda speed up and I hear the scream again so I turn around I a heart beat and as I turned around I see nothing. So I walk to go get my notebook I see a blur in my eyes, and as I get closer and closer I seen a face and I start to scream “GHOST!!!!” the teacher comes running out the door in a panic.

“What, what” said Mrs. Johnston.
“what's wrong”
As I was answering him the ghost was gone so I said,
“Nothing is wrong, I’m fine thank you.” So I go to class and sit down in my seat and began to work.

12:20 pm lunch
As I head to lunch with my friends William, Joel, Catalina, Mike, and Genevieve. We all sat down at the table and I see the clear blur again and it was still calling my name over and over and over again. So I started to flip the heck out and my friends ask me what is wrong, and as soon as I was trying to answer them my boyfriend ran over and was asking my friends what the heck was going on with me. And  Mike reply’s“ I have no freak-in idea what happened, she just looked up and started screaming.” So as I stopped screaming I went to standup  my boyfriend asked me if I was okayor not. So I answer “Yes I am fine.” So I just continue eating my lunch and try to ignore that embarrassing moment.

1:10p.m. Connections
    Catalina and I are on our way to the band room to ask Mr. Grayer. If he has a clarinet rod to clean Catalina's clarinet out. He gave us the rod and we went to our seats.

As we started to play our music I seen the blur again but this time it was not a blur it was an unknown person I have not seen in this school before so I ask if he was a new student and he said no. so I ask if Mr. Grayer had a son that was in band and was visiting us to play along with us. Mr. Grayer said,“ I only have one daughter and she is only 6 years old,why.” Then I ask “Then who is this kid standing right in front of me.”
    The class looks at me and my friend Mike asks “What kid in front of you.” Then I tried to shake his hand and my hand went right through him. As I made a scared look I flip out and started to scream and Mr. Grayer was asking Mike why I was screaming. Mike answers “ It happened at lunch not long ago.” he asks “ Then why is she screaming, did you ask her why.” and as soon as Mike was about to answer, I stopped screaming and when on for the day.

2:20p.m. Math
   It's my final class of the day and my best friend Genevieve told me to meet her at the third locker by the gym. As I am heading that way I see the ghost again and I ask what does he want from me. As he was going to answer I asked if he was haunting me. So he says “ A watching you”........(gets stopped and gets interrupted.)What do you mean watching me. He says,“watching you so you don't get hurt.” “so this whole time I have been screaming my head off just to hear you tell me this.” And after I get mad after him telling me that the ghost is gone.

Now that the ghost was gone I was on my was to Genevieve to see what she need me for. So when I got there she was telling me that there is a ghost following me. And I get all mad and screamed why she didn't tell me this earlier and she said “Because for one I had a little talk with your boyfriend because he came to me and asked me why you was flipping the heck out, and for two I couldn't find you after ward.” As I was about to talk to her she just got mad and walked off.

When I got to class my teacher Mr. Carton asked me where I've been the past 20 min. So she rote me up just for being not even 20 min. late it has only been 6 min. late.  So I went to my seat and got my journal out of my book bag ad got to work.  After 15 min. I raised my hand to ask to go to the bathroom. So I signed out and as I was about to turn around I see the ghost and screamed to the top of my lungs, and the teacher turned around and asked me what was wrong with me. As I said before I am perfectly fine. So the final bell rang it time to go home but before I could leave I had to put up all the chairs but instead doing so I just walked out of the room and left to get to my car.

3:30p.m. Drive home
As I was about to drive home my boyfriend asked me if he could have a ride home because his car was messed up but I didn't mind if he got a ride home. So as I was taking him home is see that ghost sitting in the back of the car, as I got a good glance of him I notice it was my old friend that got in the car wreck 2 years ago. But I was about to ask him a question but my boyfriend was sitting in the car with me so I waited till I dropped him of at home but by the time I got him home I asked him if he wanted me to pick him up in the morning or if he was going to ride the bus in the morning.

As I got out of his driveway the ghost was sitting next to me and I asked him why is he following me but he never answered me back so I ignored him till he answered me but till I got home he was still sitting there not even on word came out of his mouth. As I was getting out of the car he said “This is all your fault, you done this to me, why did you do this to me.” As he said those words he was gone by the time I turned around. Oh my gosh not again. As I walk through the door mom and dad where fighting and as I try to stop them they both look like they seen a ghost but I know they haven’t seen one because.....wait they probably they mite have......wait they can’t. Well any way they gave me a weird look like I’ve done something wrong.

Mom, Dad what are you two fighting about this time. Mom said “Well we just don't know what to do at all with you and your brother.” but what do you mean me and my brother, wait you know what never mind I’ll just go to my bedroom.

As I'm going to my room my cell phone was ringing and as I see who it was my brother asked me how school was my boyfriend was calling me as I answer my phone he asked me if I was busy and I was telling him no my mom told me to clean the dishes but I told her that I didn't want to today but I would do it tomorrow. But as I said that mom said what did I say, so I told her that she said that she told me to clean the dishes, but she said she never said that so I was thinking to myself was the ghost telling me that so people may think I've gone crazy. But maybe I'm seeing things again because when I  was little I used to have an imaginary friend that I would talk to in public places and when I did people would look at me like I was a crazy person. But that is all behind me now.

7:30p.m. Dinner
After I do my homework I get ready to eat dinner. But for some reason I was not hungry but mom was making potato casserole and that was my favorite meal because it was the best meal mom has ever made.

But I wanted to eat it but I was not in the mood for it at all. So I just went on and got my shower. As I was doing that the ghost was sitting on my bed and was giving me a mad look like he was going to kill me, so I start screaming out words WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!!! but when I screamed that everyone ran in my room asking me if I was okay. But instead of answering them I just went on and took my shower and went to bed.

6:00a.m. Friday morning
As I wake up my mom get all mad at me for not doing my homework but I remember doing it before I took my shower, but as I went to show her all of it was erased I try my best to try to finish it again and when I did the ghost that I thought was my old friend the car wreck but it turned out that it was not who I thought it was but I was thinking if this ghost knows who I am or mite be haunting me I have no clue, so I ask him if I should know him but when he answered me he was still saying this is your fault why,why,why,why would you do this to me. And I was trying to calm him down he was getting much more scarier then he was before he sounded like a demon the more and more he was talking the deeper his voice would get. So as I tried to walk out the door he slammed the bedroom door, but he said in a deep voice to me “ You are like my broken heart, but you can't keep me from your own hope. You and your family that is here now is going to be the hope of others, but ever since your brother was born after you 3 years later the place you live in is now in my hands NOT your family ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 
As he finished what he was saying he disappeared in a flash.
But now that he was gone my door was jammed in now I can't get out of my room I called my dad to help me get the door fixed, but by the time I called him I remembered that his phone was out of time and instead I called my mom. But as she answered her phone she asked me what the problem was. As I answer her I said that my bedroom door was jammed and I can't get out. But she ask me how I got the door got stuck, but I had to lie to her saying that I got mad at my brother.

7:00p.m. Breakfast
As I went to the kitchen get breakfast, before heading out the  door, I realize as I was about to be 30 min late for school. So I  decided to eat breakfast at school. On my way to school I stopped to pick up my boyfriend. After I picked him we started to go to the school before we was late.

As we got there my phone goes off and as I went to look and see who it was the bell rang. But the message had to wait.

As I went to my Zero period class for my A-day class. When I got there not once I was never late EVER!! because this teacher Mr. Harvey he has my perfect attendance and if you get on his good side you will be treated like no other, but when you get on his bad side you better start running for your dear life (run like you haven't run before.) but don't fear him because he mite get back at you when he can, so you better watch your back. But as I go there he was about to start role call. I was already in the door by that time and Mr. Harvey was about to count me absent but before he did was there.

After zero period was over the ghost was following me around  until I got to class and as I sat down at my desk I ask him what he was doing following me around and I also asked what his name was but he never answered me back. So I kept asking him till he told me his name but he never wanted to tell me what his name was. But then he said it to where I couldn't hear him so I as him to say it a little louder to where I could understand him he said his name was Hirohito and I said if he was the emperor of the Japanese war from 1941 to 1945 but then died later on.

The bell was about to ring and I had to got to second period class, but as I was getting to my second  period class he said that he has to finish his business I said what did he mean by  business but after I asked him that, he was gone but I thought to myself that if he was the emperor then why would he come to me for help.

9:20a.m. Second Period Language
Lets go you need to get to class but I said I will be there in a minuets, but as I told Miss. Lee that she was already in the class room door. So I just head to class so I don’t get in trouble with my teacher. By the time I got there the phone rang and Miss. Lee said that I was checking out so I pack up my stuff and leave. So my mom came down walking because we live 6-7 minuets down the road but my moms car is broke down on I-75
but now the only car we have is mine and my dads but he is at work until 8:20p.m. But my car is the only one here till dad gets home.

“Hey mom why is it that you and dad was telling me that there is no way to keep up with me an my brother.”  But by the time we got to the car she said that her and dad where getting a divorce. And when she told me that the ghost was right there in my face telling me that I need to keep them from getting them divorced and all of my problems would be gone. But my boyfriend came up to me and said that if it was okay if I cold come over to his house today for a family dinner and winked at me and I said I'll ask my mom to see if that was fine if I could go over for the family dinner (hint, hint) so my mom said if I was to stay the night over there I had to sleep in the living-room but other  then that it was fine with her.

10:30a.m. Moms doctors appointment
As we got there mom said she will call e when it is done but tell your boyfriend to come to. So as I am getting in the car my boyfriend called me telling me if she figured out if I was going to the party but as I was going to answer him the call was lost but as I turned my head the man that was sitting there was the reason the call was lost. And I was asking him what does he want, he said that I need to keep my parents from divorcing.

So I said but how am I going to do that and he said tell them to get along. And as he said these 5 words I'm your new ghostly  friend.

I really enjoy having to right books, poetry, and much more.

lovebug14 said...
on Apr. 29 2015 at 8:58 pm
lovebug14, Polk County,

I care for those who understand life

this is the hardest i have ever did