Are we alone? | Teen Ink

Are we alone?

April 15, 2015
By Vargas BRONZE, Tamarindo, Other
Vargas BRONZE, Tamarindo, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Many times in our life we wonder if there is life after this one. Everybody has a different opinion about that one subject. Ever since you were a child, there was always that feeling of someone looking at you, that there is someone watching what you are doing. There was always the fear of darkness because we cannot see what is there, and we are always fearful to the unknown. There could be a monster, or one of my biggest fears as a child… clowns! A clown could be under my bed ready to attack while I was sleeping. Somehow a dumb feeling, but it is for sure that we always felt it (or we still). Even now when I am walking by myself at night, there is that feeling of someone chasing me. Some sort of murderer… All of these feelings, these thoughts always led to a question: Are ghosts real?
When we are at our homes we tend to lose our stuff. We forget where we putted the keys and we have to look for them for hours. But what if there is only one place where you put the keys. And you did put them there, then you turned around to grab something else but then the keys aren’t there anymore. What could have happened to them? Many people will say that you just put them in another place. But what if when you after looking for hours you find them in the same spot you place them at? All of these do sound incoherent. But there was this one time when I was talking to my great-grandfather. And he is got lots of stories to tell, including ghosts ones. He claimed that one day it was really late at night, a very silent one. He went to the mountain to look for something with his horse. He dismounted the horse and moved a couple of meters away from it, enough to still be able to look at it. He picked up the stuff he went for and when he went back the horse was gone. Not a single sound, no neigh, nothing, not a single leave was heard being stepped at but his. He proceeds to look for his horse, for it was late and he had to go back. He spent all night going in circles looking for the horse. When it was dawn he was once again where he left the horse, but this time the horse was there, where he left him.
Not only loosing objects is strange, what about sounds, stuff moving from one place to another. No children at home, not really a single human being, just you. Like this time I was alone and wanted to cook some food (I was really hungry) and I putted some water at a bowl. I went to my bedroom for something. Then went to the kitchen again but now the water had dirt in it. I used to live in this one house where every single member of my family claims that it is haunted. “A shadow comes into my room at night and stares at me” they say. The house was sketchy enough by itself. One day my mother told me to take a shower at 9 pm. I did not want, I did not want to. But she forced me to. Once in the shower I felt that something was standing behind my back. Then all of the sudden a hand grabs my shoulder with strength unknown to my body. I freaked out and ran out of the bathroom to my front porch butt-naked. The morning after this incident I got a really bad cold and could not get out of bed for a week.
In my house (not the old one) I sometimes feel like something is running through the house. Sometimes at night I see shadows running into the kitchen, I guess they are hungry too! But I do not have knowledge about this stuff. My father’s father was once visiting us for a while. He was rocking outside in the front porch. We were all talking at the table. He then came to join our conversation, but he had a weird question. He asked us if we gave a cup of water to the child. There were no children with us that day. We did not know what he was talking about. But he says that a little boy came next to him to ask for some water, he told him to ask us. My great-grandfather stays with us at our house. He used to say that a little girl came into his room every morning at pulled his feet just to wake him up. Then when he was awake she would tell him to go outside to play with her. He wouldn’t do anything; the little girl would just keep pulling his feet and telling him those words. She would stop when my mom would go into the room, she would vanish, as for my mom has never seen her. Again, there are no children in my house.
My new house (not really new nowadays) never had this kind of problems. It actually all started when my 4 years older than me uncle came to sleep over at my place. He went to sleep at the guests’ room. It was about nine at night and I was going to sleep. All lights were off and I was lying down on my bed. I was close to fall asleep when I heard somebody knocking at my door. It was my uncle. His face was one that I have never seen before, he was scared. His eyes were wide open, not a single blink, sweat ran through his body like he was taking a shower. He told me that something tried to murder him. He said that he was already sleeping and that some kind of spirit jumped on him and started chucking him. He said that it was strong and that he could not do anything to get it off (And believe me when I say that my uncle is one of the biggest and strongest guys I have ever met). I could not believe his words.
After that event all kind of weird stuff started happening. But it was this one day that I will never forget, a day where reality and fantasy were mixed together. It was a really chill day, not really out of the routine. It was late at night and I was watching T.V. in my room. I have had lost all my time and space sense. I was in that sleep or not sleep war. I decided to stand up and stretch a little bit. I looked out of my room in my bed and I saw that all lights were off. I didn’t know if I was alone or everybody was sleeping. I decided to check for people. I went out of my room, just a few steps away from it. I looked left at the kitchen and as I thought there was nothing, lights were off. But… when proceeded to look at the right… my eyes could not believe what was going on. As soon as I saw at the right there was a small person, but not a normal small person. This one was shining! Yes, shining! The shine it ejects was brighter than a bald’s head at noon. It looked like a little girl; she was floating in the air (duh) and her hair look like she was shocked with thousands of volts. Just like all of those sci-fi movies you watch on T.V. But this one was real; I saw it with my own eyes. The girl was staring at me with her pupilles eyes; she did not say a word, neither did I. My first reaction was nothing. I don’t know if I stared at her for five seconds or five hours. But when I reacted I went to my room and closed the door really quick and hard. I did not sleep that day. Did not cry, pee my pants, called for help. I just sat at the door hoping that the thing would not come for me. After all the crazy stuff happening you get some guts! This still gives me a small little flinch. Believe me when I say don’t mistrust your senses. Are you actually alone at your house those Saturday weekends?