A night to remember | Teen Ink

A night to remember

March 31, 2015
By LPSTUDIO2011 BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
LPSTUDIO2011 BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The date is March 11, 1965, 11:45 PM, my wife victoria was just coming into my study when I took notice of a small white envelope with a peculiar emblem on the stamp, right in her hand. The envelope had a small, but very neat, Mr. and Mrs Evans, handwritten in black ink, on the front side of the envelope.
“Hey Felix, this letter came in today, says were invited to a special dinner at an old manor, it also says that they are expecting us tomorrow night, its just a short drive up north, a little into the woods” Victoria said. She then concluded, “Whoever these people are, they must have a lot of money, seems they own the entire wooded area”, then added “Felix, are you even listening to me?”
At this I was getting annoyed, she always had a way of that, but i answered sincerely, “Yes im listening, sounds fun but who exactly is it from?” Of course, I knew the letter didn't say but went ahead and asked.
  “Doesn't say, but i guess we'll find out tomorrow.  Anyways, i'm gonna get to sleep, goodnight Felix”.
“Night dear” I said, as she wandered out of my study.
Victoria and I had always had problems, sometimes it was arguments, other times it was about nothing at all, but divorce has come up a lot during our marriage, and sometimes, I wish we would have went through with it. At this thought, I joined my wife in bed, and went to sleep.

March 12, 1965, 10:36 AM.
I awakened from my slumber when my wife, who I just noticed wasn't sleeping by my side, came back into our bedroom with a most peculiar look on her face that puzzled me at first.
“Good morning Felix, are you ready for the big day”?
“No, I wouldnt say I am but i guess whatever happens, happens. Say, Victoria”?
“Yes”?
“Have you seen my good suit”?
“Yes I have, I took it out this morning and cleaned it off, its in the living room”.
“You know, I didn't need you to do that, but thanks, Ill see you tonight when you're ready to leave for the party.
“Alright dear”.

March 12. 7:00 PM
My wife and I are heading up to the old manor that we were invited to, wondering just what to expect. My wife was in her nice red party dress, and I was dressed business casual. The ride to our mystery host’s manor was quite a nice ride, it was nice, warm spring evening, and soon, we could see the manor. The old,dark, lonely, beaten down manor stood as still as the thick woods around it. The forest acted as a barrier, shielding the house from the outside world, isolating it from civilization. As soon as we drove up through the front gates, we noticed many other cars, and really started to wonder why we were summoned up here, and who exactly owns this land and property. My wife Victoria was looking around at all the cars parked in front of the manor, wondering who was here with us.
“Hey, Felix”?
“Yes”?
“I'm not feeling to good about this, maybe we should turn back”
“Victoria, don't worry, we drove all the way up here, i'm not about to turn back just because we weren't informed about a few things”. I thought about what I said and then concluded, “ Come on, they must be waiting.”
My wife and I walked into the old manor, and to our surprise, it wasnt anything that we expected. There was a large staircase about twenty feet forward, leading to the up stairs. We looked around and noticed there were four other people, so, i decided to introduce myself.
“Hello everyone, my name is Felix and this is my wife Victoria, we received an invitation”..
At this point, everyone else were replying,
“Hey me to”.
“Whats going on here”?
“Wheres our host”?
I decided to step in and say something,
“Everyone please, calm down, since it seems out host hasn't arrived, i think we should at least introduce ourselves. This is my wife, Victoria, and my name is Felix, We received an invitation for a dinner here tonight, but i guess you guys already know that”.
At this point, a couple right next to me started talking,
“My name is Tom, and this is my wife, Amber, pleased to meet you”.
The last two people, who I didn't think were married, but only dating, started,
“I'm Kelly, this is my boyfriend, Derrick, please to meet all of you.
“Does anyone know where our host is”? Victoria said.
Kelly decided to take it upon herself to answer,
“Derrick and I have been here for hours, and there doesn't seem to be anyone here, Its really weird, and kinda suspicious”
I stood here thinking about why nobody is here to greet us and tell us why were here. At This point, the lights went out, it was almost as if someone cut the power, and exiled us to darkness.
Kelly and amber began to scream.
“Calm down, the lights just went out, thats all,  everyone stand still, i'm gonna see if I can figure out where the fuse box is” Tom said.
The lights went on, and what we all saw next was horrifying, everyone began to scream. It was Derrick, dead, on the floor, with his neck slit open, bleeding out on the floor. The Main lobby was full of agony s everyone cried out in fear.
“Who did this” Kelly screamed as tears fell from her eyes. At this point, Tom, who was out trying to find the fuse box, come into the room and began to talk,
“It seems the power came back on, what's the deal with all of you”?
“Tom, Derrick has been killed” My wife said and then continued “it was just me, Felix,Amber, Kelly, and Derrick, and someone…. someone killed him, and then you showed up.”
I decided to butt in,
“Lets not start accusing people here, i don't think anyone in this room is capable of murder, but, the fact remains that Derek is dead”. I then concluded, “Someone amongst us is the killer, and we have to figure out who, or we will all die, everyone, this is gonna be a rough night”.

,