What was it | Teen Ink

What was it

By juju_theBest SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
juju_theBest SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

never say anything is impossible the word itself says 'i'm possible'

What was It
                  Woken by a shattering glass downstairs I could hear mom yelling at Lori. “Go clean your room” she repeats about a thousand times. Lori stomps up the stairs mumbling words under her breath. She opens my door “mom wants you to take out the trash”. I got up stretched and headed to the bathroom ran downstairs and smelled the pancakes being flipped the bacon frying in the pot. I put on my slippers went outside and threw the trash away it smelled like a dead skunk. I checked the trash and around the trash bin it wasn’t it so I just shaked it off and went in for breakfast.
                        Lori came downstairs still angry at mom but she happily enjoyed breakfast. We got ready for school I drove down to pick up troy at berchment road. Lori wanted to pick up Christina she was the prettiest girl in school thus far. I used to have a crush on her but she had a long relationship with Adam. We reached at school troy and I went straight to the squad we always talk about what happened last game or practice. Lunch began and we all had lunch together Christina, Lori, and their friends. There will always be that awkward stare between  me and Christina I love those moments cause I realize she might feel the same way. “hey josh” “yeah” I answered “You going to the party tonight” “hell yeah im in there” I looked over at Christina she smiled I guess she’s going to the party.
                          Hoped out the shower got dressed and sprayed some cologne on for Christina. The doorbell rung it was troy Lori already left to the party. We got there music blasting outside Chris’s house you can smell the alcohol and weed from here. It was amazing I had a little too much to drink and was stoned I asked troy to take me home but he was tipsy and stoned too. I decided to see if I can walk home but didn’t stop to think I should of just slept over. Chris only lived just two miles away from my house. On the way back it got foggy and cold I couldn’t see anything not even the car coming straight for me. I flew half way down the bridge and blacked out from there.
                             I just remember feeling happy and warm but yet confused. Before I blacked out I could of sworn I seen someone hovering over me but I closed my eyes. Later I woke up in the hospital with mom crying over my shoulder she rejoiced with joy “baby they said you were dead when the  found you” I was shocked and scared. I spent 3 days in the hospital that was the fastest recovery but I walked out there feeling great. I never felt so strong and energized in my life I wonder want happened but sometimes I would feel a sharp pain in my right side. 
                       It was time for the lacrosse playoffs we have lost to Mckinley high 3 years in a row but I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be this year. Adam was on Mckinley side he was definitely going down. During the game I thought I saw the figure again around Adam and I was just filled with anger. He got the ball for the final score but he was all mine I took  him down so hard that he broke his arm and shoulder. We won that game and it looks like Adam won’t be able to play for a while. When I got home I was tired I headed straight to bed but that one figure was there hovering over me while I shut my eyes I don’t remember waking up the next morning.