The Glasses With a Light Secret | Teen Ink

The Glasses With a Light Secret

March 30, 2015
By Horrorlifebro BRONZE, Park City, Utah
Horrorlifebro BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever thought the light had a creature inside it and that the dark is scary just because it’s unknown.  Have you ever thought that there are somethings in the light that shouldn’t be seen.  A man named Mitchell saw these things and never forgot them, and these haunting images stayed with him till he was found dead in his store.  Mitchell’s story starts with a very old pair of glasses.

It was a cold day in Mitchell’s home town and while he was walking he slipped on some ice that he hadn’t noticed.  When he got up he had realized his glasses were broken.  His vision was blurred and he could barley see his hands in front of him.  He thought he would be able to walk to work and retrieve his extra pare of glasses.

A few minutes later he couldn’t walk any more, he had run into to main street lights and stops signs and almost got run over by a car.  He tried to look around for a store that sells glasses but he couldn’t find anything so he walked into the closest store he could find.  As he walked in he tried to see if there was any one at the register.  He couldn't see anyone in the store.  He stumbled around and finally thought he saw what looked like, through his blurred vision, was a pare of glasses.  He put them on and hoped they worked, and to his surprise they did.  He put money on the front counter and left off to work.

Mitchell arrived at work with a few of his workers standing outside looking cold and angry, “Sorry I wasn’t here earlier, I had some glasses trouble.”

“It’s ok, just make sure your here tomorrow early.” one of his workers said.

“I’ll make sure of it” Mitchell said. 

The rest of the day went normal; boring work, few spills in the store, and a few unruly customers.  After a while though Mitchell was called down to one of the registers.

“Can we please get the manager down to register five please.” a voice said on the store intercom.

“Fine I'm coming.” Mitchell said to himself.  He got up from his desk in the back of the store and started walking towards the register.  As he was passing all the aisle he saw, very slight out of the corner of his eyes, a white figure glowing very bright starring at him.  He walked passed it and then stopped at the next aisle then looked back.  There was nothing down the aisle.  He decided to think it was just someone that was down the aisle and to think nothing of it.  He went on to the register and the rest of the day went on as normal.

At the end of the day as Mitchell was locking up he turned to see one of the aisle lights was still on even though he thought he turned them all off.  All the aisle had individual light switches so he was going to have to go turn it off manually.  He walked of a turned the light off then returned to the front door and was about to leave but he saw the reflection of the light in a window.  He turned around to see that the light was turned on again.  He frustratedly walked over and flipped the switch to the light and this time it didn’t turn off at all.  It started flipping it on and off faster and more angrily but it wasn’t working so looked up at the light.  He stood there in fear as what he saw wasn’t the light acting up.  The figure he saw was bright white and almost looked like the back of a women.  It was not moving, not doing anything, but it was just standing there in the middle of the air next to the turned off light.  I was lighting up the hole aisle, and Mitchell couldn’t do anything.  The fear that was running through him made his arms and legs turn to solid steel and his eyes lock on to the figure like a deer to head lights.  The figure began to turn around in a womanly fashion.  Mitchell was unable to run away from what he saw next.  The figure had a face and one that could not be unseen either.  It’s eyes were black as if the night it’s self was void, and it’s mouth open to reveal pitch black fangs going across he bottom and top of it’s large smiling mouth.  It’s mouth was gushing a black and red liquid from it and then it’s body morphed into a skinny dark version of it’s formal self, and it’s eyes turned red .  As it turned the light escaped away somewhere else and the dark creature grabbed onto the aisle walls and climbed towards him. 

“I have to move. I have to move. I have to move.”  Mitchell thought in his head, and then all of a sudden he realized he was running down one of the aisle away from the horror behind him.  He kept running and as he looked behind him he saw the creature jump from one lit area to another as it disappeared once it hit the shadows.  The glasses fell off and he caught them but he realized he couldn’t see the creature any more but he did see the damage it was creating as it leaped towards him so he put them back on.  He quickly looked ahead to see the front door in front of him.  He ran as fast as he could and slammed into the door.  He pulled the door handle with relief coming over him and moving through his body as it opened and he ran outside into the parking lot.  Looking back he saw the creature try to follow him outside but disappeared into the shadow of the night.  He stopped and leaned on a lamp post and got his breath back and let out several sighs of relief as he knew it was over.

Mitchell was sitting at the lamp post for a while and looked up at the sky his skin turned white.  He saw the deathly glow of something bright, like an angle of death coming to deliver him to his fait.  He saw the top of the lamp post, and it was on.  Mitchell stepped back to escape the light but he was stopped.  He could feel a cold heavy breath come down on him like a shower of blood.  He felt a dark hand grab his shoulder with long knife fingers stabbing into his chest.  He fell forward and turned around to see the creature once more and reached to take the glasses off.  He was reaching at nothing now, and he realized the glasses fell off as soon as he ran through the door.  Everything that Mitchell was seeing was his own eyes and nothing but.  Fear was all that came over him as he stiffened like he was dead.  He starred at the creature voided eyes and thought of what was about to happen.  He kept starring and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

The sounds of police sirens rang throughout the cold morning in front of the store and no one knew what happened.  All there was for the police to examen was a torn up Mitchell and an old pair of glasses.

“What does it look like happened here?” the sharif said to one of the deputies.
“Not much, just the body and these glasses.” the deputy responded.

“Why don’t they have lenses?” the sharif asked.

“Found them that was sherif.” the deputy said back.

The case of Mitchell Cole William was never solved and the glasses were soon put in the police evidence room and never talked about again.  No one can explain what happened in that store and no one ever will.