Pentagram Jenny | Teen Ink

Pentagram Jenny

January 15, 2015
By mlb55 BRONZE, 55, Washington
mlb55 BRONZE, 55, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One evening while grocery shopping, Emma ran into her old friend Jenny from high school. She had a conversation with Jenny for about thirty minutes catching up on what they had been doing since school. Jenny mentioned she was looking for a room to rent, Emma offered her the spare bedroom in her apartment. They exchanged numbers and Jenny said she would think about that offer.
A few weeks later Emma gets a phone call, when she answers it was Jenny.
“Do you still have that spare room available?” Jenny asked.
“Of course I do!” Emma said with excitement hoping for a roommate.
So over the next two weeks Emma helped Jenny move into the apartment. After she moved in, the first month was a blast. They threw a couple parties, watched movies, and became close friends.
However, the next month Jenny became very distant from Emma. She would be gone a couple days at a time and when she came back she would have pale skin and bags under her eyes. One time when she came back she had died her hair black, was wearing darker clothes, and had an angry attitude towards Emma.
One weekend Jenny went out, and she didn’t come back. Emma didn’t think much about it because she had been gone for a couple days at a time before. After two whole weeks, and ten unanswered phone calls, it seemed as though Jenny was gone for good and Emma was living alone again.
When Emma realized Jenny wasn’t coming back she went into Jenny’s room, which she hadn’t been in her room since Jenny moved in, to clean out the things she left behind. When she entered the room she was in for an all time shock, her jaw dropped, it was nothing she had suspected from Jenny. On the floor in the middle of Jenny’s room was the outline of a pentagram. Emma never would have thought that her friend and roommate had turned into a Satanist.
Emma took everything in Jenny’s old room and threw it away, she didn’t want to find anything thing else that was satanic. Once everything was out of her room, Emma had carpet put in the room to cover up the pentagram on the wooden floor.
After three weeks Emma got used to living alone again. The fourth week alone strange things started to happen, little by little. One night she was lying in her bed asleep, but at three in the morning she was woken up by a pounding at the front door, she was so scared. The pounding was loud and fast, as if someone was mad and trying to get in. Emma grabbed a kitchen knife on her way to the front door to protect herself. She put her hand on the door knob, and there was still pounding, and when she cracked open the door there was no one there. Confused, and relieved, Emma put the knife on the counter and went back to bed.
The next morning, after coming home from the store, she entered her apartment and it was a complete mess. Everything was everywhere, all her cupboard doors were open, at first she thought she was robbed, but she wasn’t missing anything. After cleaning up her apartment, and coming back from the dumpster, she heard the shower from Jenny’s room turn on, so she grabbed the kitchen knife and headed for the room. When she opened Jenny’s old bedroom door, the carpet she had put in to cover the pentagram had been ripped apart enough to see the pentagram.
Then the shower stopped and coming from out of the bathroom door was Jenny. But she wasn’t dripping water, she was dripping red. It seemed like blood. Emma was frightened, and by the look she was giving her, it didn’t seem like Jenny.
Emma tried her hardest to defend herself, but somehow Jenny had Emma down on the ground with a knife aimed at her chest. Holding part of the knife Emma was pushing it back. Somehow Emma had turned the knife around and the knife went right through Jenny’s chest.  Emma, crying, stares at Jenny lying on the ground. Not sure what to do, Emma dragged Jenny’s body into the room. She shut and locked the door behind her, then went to bed. She woke up in a panic the next morning, Emma opened her bedroom door and in the living room she saw that it was very clean, and Jenny was sitting on the couch, looking normal.
“Morning Emma,” Jenny said with a smile on her face.
Emma doesn’t reply and walked toward Jenny’s room and opens it. All of Jenny’s things were back in her room and on the floor is still the pentagram. Confused, she walked back out to the living room.
“Is everything ok?” Jenny asks Emma.
Emma starring at Jenny noticed the same mark, of a pentagram, that was on the floor was carved on to Jenny’s arm.
“Yes, I’m just gonna go to the store really quick,” Emma replied quickly.
Emma got into her car and drove down to the nearest gas station. She sat and thought about all this. She called a priest for advice on cleansing a demonic spirit out of a person, but the priest said there isn’t much that can be done. Emma looked around at her surroundings, and gets an idea. She filled up a couple of gas cans bought matches then hurried home.
When Emma got home and looked around the living room, there was no sign of Jenny. She quickly brings all of the gas cans into her room. First Emma covered her own room with gas, then the living room and the kitchen. As she was finishing the bathroom she heard Jenny’s door open. Scared, she hurried with the bathroom and hurried back to the living room.
“What are you doing Emma?” Jenny asked with slight anger in her voice.
“I’m… I’m just cleaning” She said with slight hesitation.
Jenny, slightly glaring at Emma, went into the bathroom. As quick as possible Emma took the gas cans and started to cover Jenny’s room with gas, she heard a flush and she ran to the kitchen, Jenny went back to her room shutting the door behind her.  Emma lit three matches in every room except for Jenny’s and left the apartment fast, locking the door behind her. With six matches left Emma went around the corner of the apartment. At Jenny’s bedroom window she could hear her screaming, Emma picked up a rock and threw it through a little corner of the window. Emma lit all six matches and threw them through the window. Then, almost grasping Emma, Jenny’s burnt arm reached threw the little hole in the window and she screamed, what sounded like another language, at Emma. Jenny’s mad glaring face faded into the flames.
Emma drove far away from her apartment and went to sleep in a motel.  On the news a couple days after the fire the police found a body in the house fire. They had claimed to have identified it as the owner. Shocked, Emma used this advantage and gets herself a new identity and moves a long distance across the country to never return to the same town.