Sang congelé | Teen Ink

Sang congelé

January 3, 2015
By JincyJM SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
JincyJM SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are there.


I was sitting at the kitchen counter watching a movie while eating soft, peppered potato salad with a fork. There was only 2 more hours before Black Friday shopping begins. I am so excited; I have waited a month to get the new white and black zebra stripped jordans and I plan to be first in line.
“Would you like me to come with you,” offered my older sister Hannah, a sweet 18 year old with milky white skin and golden hair.
“Okay,” I replied nonchalantly, “Lets go then, I want to be the first in line!”
It was 6:30 am and to my disappointment I wasn’t the first person in line but second. That’s okay though, I am pretty sure the man in front of me is not going get the same shoes that I am, right? The doors opened and I quickly ran to get the shoes I wanted. I saw that there was only one pair and I was positive I was going to take it. As I reached my hand over to grab the shoes with a huge smile pasted on my face, the man who was standing in front of me pushed me and  my sister down, grabbing the shoes and quickly leaving!
“Are you serious, not even a sorry or excuse me! I got those shoes before you! GIVE IT BACK!” I ran after the man to get the shoes back, but suddenly noticed that my sister hadn't gotten up yet. I sighed in frustration as I hesitantly turned around to help  her.
“ Hannah, Hannah are you okay?” Hannah slowly got up and I saw that she had a thick cut running across her forehead, red blood quickly racing out, dripping on her hot pink dress. As I looked down I realized that she fell on a broken class.
“Oh no Hannah you’re hurt,” I cried out, slowly touching the cut across her forehead.
“Its okay Jonathan, I am okay,” she replied, “but what are we going to do… we didn’t get the shoes you wanted…”
I slowly turned my head, glancing around to see where the man had gone, then quickly turned my head back and looked at Hannah with the most happiest smile I had ever made.
“It is just a pair of shoes,” I happily replied to Hannah, “don’t worry about it… there will be sales other times!” Even though I was saying all these happy words, in the back of my head I just couldn’t forget about the shoes, the absolutely perfect shoes.
Both Hannah and I had gone home empty handed that day. I got Hannah to sit down on the black leather sofa and I went to get the first aid kit. There was a small piece of glass in her forehead head.  As I took the metal tweezers to pull out the glass, she grimaced and gave a groan of pain. I quietly said sorry and wrapped her head with a white, soft gauze to stop it from bleeding too much. Even as I was wrapping her head, my mind was still on those shoes. After my mom died, I never wanted anything as bad as this, but now that I want it...I need it!
As time passed by, months later I still couldn't stop thinking about the man. I remember his face clearly. Peachy color face, blue eyes, blonde hair maybe about five foot seven; perhaps in his early twenties. The image is clearly stuck in my head even though I tried so many times to forget his face, but each time I try to forget... his image keeps coming back more clearly than before. I keep thinking of the injustice he had shown me. How could he do that? Where was he now? What is he doing? Has he hurt someone as bad as he hurt me? All these thoughts and questions were rushing through my mind as a train rushes through the tracks. All I could think of was the man, and on that mans feet, my destined sneakers.
It was a really cold and chilly day when I saw the ad. The birds were all perched above it whistling and singing a beautiful melody which was drawing me nearer to read the ad.
“The all new Nike Air Force One So Cals on sale at the Winter Solstice Wonder World. The So Cals themselves bear a Nike logo cast in gold and adorned with 11-carat diamonds. The diamonds’ casings are affixed to the shoes by gold stitching.” I stared in wonder and awe at this and then an idea sparked into my mind, a spark which quickly grew into a California wild fire, a fire that cannot be put out. I finally had the perfect plan!
As I was sitting in my metallic gray BMW, eating spicy hot soup with a fork and spoon, in front of the Winter Solstice Wonder World store that was advertised in the ad. Its 6:00 am I am expecting that the same man will come steal someone elses destined shoes, push there sister down, and not say sorry. If my estimations and calculations are correct the man should come here. I quickly lower my black cap so no one else can see me. As I look around something catches my sight.There he is, that the man who did all this, the man who took the shoes I was going to take. Quickly, I grab my wallet, keys, and cell phone, then swiftly got out of my car and got in line right behind him. I was wearing a black hat and and black sweater so that no one would be able to recognize me. 
I stare at his back for a few minutes until I grew impatient. Softly tapping on his shoulder I ask, “Kind sir, would you do me a favor and tell me what time it is?”
“It’s 6:10 in the morning,” the man grunts with a grumpy voice.
“Could you please do me one more favor… please,” I ask with the most sweetest voice I could find in my soul. I could tell that the man was getting annoyed and turns his head around as he responds, “What do you need boy?” Slowly moving closer up to his ears, red from the bitter coldness, I quietly whisper, “Kill yourself.”
The mans face got pale as quick as a squirrel shoves acorns in his mouth. I grab my cell phone and hit him as hard as I could at the top of his temple. As soon as he crashed to the floor, my hands were gripping the key. Slowly taking the key and placing in at one end of his neck I whisper, “Where are the sneakers?”
“Wh...wha...what sneakers,” he replied in a stuttery voice. Now  I was getting irritated!
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT SNEAKERS,” I yelled, but then realized I was out in public and should calm down, “I am talking about the sneakers you took from me on Black Friday!” Realization slowly crept over his face, but soon after fear covered it.
“I gave it away to my friend as a gift… I… I don’t have it anymore.” Anger and wrath covered my eyes and all I could think of was how my destined sneakers were gone, for real. I gripped my key as hard I could and I slowly cut the man’s throat watching the blood drip down his neck and onto his chest. As I was watching the man slowly suffering my heart was still pounding….I was not satisfied yet. Grabbing my key I opened the door and looked around until I spotted what I was looking for. The metal fork. I slowly grabbed it and turned it around. There on the back was my name, written by my mother before she passed away. It was my favorite object and I knew exactly what I was going to do with it next.
I took the fork and kneeled down near the man. Looking at the man I lifted the fork and stabbed down with as much force as I could give. The man screamed and yelled out he was sorry continuously. I didn’t care, I continued to stab the man over and over and over and over again until the man stopped screaming,… crying,... resisting,... breathing. I looked down at the man and gave a sarcastic laugh. Then I got up and walked away leaving the man to suffer and freeze to death. Hmmm… frozen blood, I like the sound of that.