The great scare | Teen Ink

The great scare

December 12, 2014
By kevin1050 GOLD, Wentzville, Missouri
kevin1050 GOLD, Wentzville, Missouri
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It all started when James, Kendall, and Matt were walking home from school. It was two days before halloween and the group wanted to do something scary before halloween. As they headed home from school they stopped to look at the house, where the old man had murdered his wife at. People say that they still hear her screams at night when they are trying to sleep. When they walked up to the picket fence that surrounded the house they thought to themselves we should stay the night here.
“Hey guys lets spend the night here and see if the rumors are true.” Said Kendal
“Im down lets do it.” Matt replied
“I am scared of ghost.” James added
“Well it is decided we are going to stay the night tomorrow the night before halloween” Kendal sternly said
James was terrified of staying the night in the house because of all the rumors of how terrible it was to stay overnight in the haunted house. Matt and Kendall were excited to stay in the house and prove James wrong that it wasn’t to scary to stay in. The three of them headed toward the house when they left school with their sleeping bags and clothes for the night. Matt lead the way across the yard and onto the porch where they gathered to figure out a way to get in. James suggested the door would be locked and they would not be allowed to get into the house.
“Its unlocked that must be a sign that someone really does want us to stay here.” Kendal snapped at James
They went inside and headed to the bedrooms to find a place for them to sleep. James and Matt chose the bigger bedroom where the old man used to sleep, Kendall chose the much smaller bedroom where the police found the body of the old mans wife. Matt and Kendall went right away at making themselves at home, While James cowered in the corner of the bedroom. James sat in the corner until nightfall, once nightfall James went and got in his sleeping bag next to Matt who was flirting with Kendall. Kendall and James made eye contact and then went back to laying down, Matt kept talking until they all finally dozed off. 
Until they heard thump thump thump the footsteps were getting closer. Thump thump thump they were just outside the door. Matt and James jumped up in fear and headed toward the door to see what the noise was. Kendall stayed in her sleeping bag and waited for the boys to tell her what was going on. Matt and James opened the door and no one was there, they headed down the hall to see if maybe they headed that way. Kendall began to shiver in fear, she heard thump thump thump. Hoping it was the boys she sat up and looked at the door hoping that they would come in.
“Guys its not funny anymore I’m starting to get scared.” Kendall quivered
There was no reply so she head in the direction Matt and James had gone. Matt and James had gone down the hall and waited for Kendall to see if she was following them or not. Kendall caught up to the boys, and started walking with them back to the room.
“Ahhhh!” someone screamed
“What was that” Matt asked
“I dont know it wasnt me” James added
Kendal just kept walking toward the room like nothing happened. Matt and James thought she was just playing a game on them, and they followed her back to the room. James began to think he wasn’t so scared of the house anymore and the rumors were just lies. Matt was beginning to get bored because there wasn’t any action going on in the house. Kendall had fallen back to sleep, while James and Matt talked about the house and how they weren’t scared of it anymore.
“Ahhhh” Someone screamed again
Thump thump thump the footsteps were so close the kids could hear the floor creaking.
“I’m coming for you three next” The voice of the old man said
James and Matt looked to see if it was Kendall only to see she was still asleep. They sat there and listened to see if the voice was going to say anything else. Thump thump thump the footsteps were in front of the door.
“Your turn” The voice croaked
Matt and James screamed in terror, waking Kendall up. She asked what was going on and before they could say anything the door creaked open.
“Are you ready” said the voice
They all huddled together and shook with fear.
“I don’t want to die I’m not ready!” Kendall sobbed
The kids jumped to their feet and headed to the front door, only to find what looked like the old man standing in front of the door.
“I’m back for you!” the voice screeched
The three of them looked at each other and cowered in terror and ran to where the figure was standing. The figure turned the lights on in the house to reveal who he who he was. The figure was indeed the old man who had murdered his wife, his shirt was stained with blood spattered. He held a knife in one hand, with the other he pointed at the kids cowering in the corner.
“It’s your turn now.” The old man softly spoke