The Consequences

There I lay in his tall dark shadow in the pale moon light, his brilliant green eyes piercing my soul like swords, his disappointed expression struck fear into my thundering heart. I broke our deal. The deal that I promised not to break. But I broke it. I started breathing heavy. Sweat trickled down my face and forehead. He grabbed my shoulder and my heart sunk to my stomach and I swallowed hard as he heaved me up onto my feet. My fear grew and I gasped. Then he reminded me. “We had a deal! You were to return before the clock struck 7:00! Were
you not?” “Ye…yes… yes sir.” I replied. “And you know the consequences for breaking a deal with me! Do you not?” “N… no sir” I replied. In fact I knew very well the punishment for breaking such a deal. My heart sank deeper, and I started to whimper and almost cried. I had to think, think fast, there had to be an excuse, a good one, but if he doesn't buy it the consequences will be worse. I decided to face the facts, no excuse, I must accept my horrible
fate. “Well then I shall remind you, disobeying me will result in……… NO T.V. FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK!” “Now come home! You are already half an hour late for dinner and it’s probably cold by now. I will make sure that you stay away from parties for a long while to come.” “Yes dad” I replied. And then I did cry. Because my favorite show was on tomorrow.

eriberry said...
Wow, great twist at the ending.

Brian110 replied...
Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:26 am
Thanks, I was inspired by another story in Teenink but I cant quite remember the name. I think it was "A Short Halloween Story"