Legendary Unknown | Teen Ink

Legendary Unknown

By Artz_S BRONZE, Arcanum, Ohio
Artz_S BRONZE, Arcanum, Ohio

The first recollection i have is awaking in the dark, dry and crowded, a cardboard box I presume. I could see just a few cracks, letting in a minimal amount of light. Whatever else accompanied myself in the box was beyond my knowing. I laid still in the box for days, pondering the thought that I may never get out. Finally one day something picked up the box and opened it, I could see at last. The time i spent in the open was short, for i was almost immediately placed in another container that was hard and cold. Sounds of metal hitting together rang through the surrounding area for a few seconds. I was toward the top of this container, I could still see the light for a few minutes after I was put in here. The light stopped as the container was put inside of something else.
Once again I began to wait for the time that I would again see light. The new place was colder than the box, and it smelled of oil and something that had burned. This environment gave me the chills, I had never been anywhere like it. As I laid in silence, a loud banged and vibration roared through the whole place. Immediately after the loud noise, something pushed me from behind. Now I could see down a long tunnel with a bright light at the end.
A shuddering sensation hit me from behind accompanied with another loud noise, barreling me toward the end of the tunnel. As the light got closer I could not help to wonder what I was going to see this time. Emerging from the tunnel I began to see many buildings and streets with joyous people lined up and down both sides. A series of black automobiles drove down the street, one carrying a man with suave brown hair and a woman. I was headed directly for them, stopping was no option. I briskly struck the man’s head with devastating effects. Chaos had began to unleash in the seconds between the first and second loud noise.
Who am I? What am I? What has happened?
I am the bullet that killed John Fitzgerald Kennedy, I am the shot heard around the nation. I have killed the president of the United States of America and for which I have no idea why.

I just thoguht this would be a fun way to put a major event in an abstract perspective.