The House Down Mainstreet | Teen Ink

The House Down Mainstreet

By pcy.tae.bae BRONZE, Sacromento, California
pcy.tae.bae BRONZE, Sacromento, California

"Don't give up even if you live for a day keep going , put your weakness away." - BTS

October 31st the night of Halloween. This is my story believe me believe me not. I felt as if I were in a horror movie. I still get scared by even talking about it.

That night on Halloween , me and my friends stopped by a creepy house, of course we thought it was just decorations but this house looked different. This house was down main street just down the corner from where I lived. My friends told me to go, but I resisted. They started calling me a “pussy”. It pissed me off. So like the “BRAVE MAN” I am, I started walking towards the house. As I was walking I saw something move from the corner of my eye, I moved my head and saw nothing. I shook my head telling myself keep going. I look back at my friends and they weren’t even paying attention to me. I thought maybe if I just walk back they wouldn’t notice. When I was about to turn around the door just opened. It was too late for me to even walk away and turn back to my friends.

I turned back to the door and said, “Trick or Treat? “ without looking at the person. 

“Trick or Treat…?” , the person mumbled back. Holding out a dusty bucket.

I look up and see a women in her late thirties wearing black, head to toe. Her eyes were focused on me and her mouth were stitched together.

I shook a little and stuttered, “I..I li-ke your cos-tu-tume, aha?”

a sweat droplet comes across my face, I see something fast move back and forth in the house behind the old lady. I took a quick glance and saw a little girl running back and forth. I took a closer look squinting my eyes.

The old lady yells. “TRICK OR TREAT?!”

I look at the old lady again and it wasn’t the old lady I saw. Her eyes were wide open, filled with sadness and hatred. Her mouth was open and slit ear to ear. Blood dripping down her mouth. Then I knew, this women is not wearing a costume. I turned around, looked at my friends and they were gone. I was scared s***less

The old women puts her hand on my shoulder and whispers, “Are you going to take some candy or not..?”

I look back at her and her and we were face to face. So close I could feel her breath . Her breath had a dead odor to it. I knocked out , cold. Just like that.

I open my eyes and I see a ceiling. I tried to jog my memory of what happened, as I got up my head started throbbing. I noticed I was in a room, on a bed. I thought to myself, “where the hell am i?” I got up from the bed and looked around. The room was dark and dull. The ceilings had water drops coming out from it. There was a circular window on the wall. I looked through it and saw a mother and daughter playing with each other. The mother looked like she was in her late thirties and the daughter looked like she was about 5. They looked happy. Then I saw a man walk towards the mother and slapped her across the face. The little girl just stood there holding the ball. The man then heads toward the little girl , grabbed her by the hair and dragged her into the house, That I was in. I looked at the mom and see her staring at me. She pointed at me then started screaming. I ran towards the door and it was locked. I could hear footsteps coming towards the door. I tried to find somewhere to hide , I hid under the bed. I could hear the door unlock , and I saw 4 feet. Meant that there were 2 people in here. It was the man I saw earlier and the little girl, I could tell from their voices.

The man said ,”Until you shut up, you can leave.”

The little girl started crying. The man left and locked the door on the way out. I moved my leg and the wooden floor creaked. I tried to move it back and I realized the little girl stopped crying.

I look everywhere to find her feet, and I look down to my feet I could see her smiling with blood gushing from her teeth and her jaw looked broken like someone smashed her face with a hammer. I quickly got out from under the bed and went for the door. When I got to the door , I was in a different room. It looked like the living room. It was the little girl again, she had a costume on this time. She was wearing a bright orange costume and her mother was wearing black head to toe. The little girl went up to the man and asked him if she could go trick or treating.

The man slapped her across the face and said, “Go change.”

He then went up to the mother and said, “you think you’re the only parent raising this child?! Huh?! Huh?!” holding a Hennessey bottle in his hand.

She replied back, “No, dear! No No No.” covering her face with her arms.

I thought to myself, the old man was, the husband, the father. The father looked at me and started walking towards me, I panicked and ran towards the kitchen. I hid in the cupboards underneath the sink. It was the little girl again, and the father. There was a little creak and I peeked through it. The little girl again asked the father if she could go trick or treating. He grabbed her by the neck and threw her to the wall. He held a hammer in his hand and hit her across the face.  I was so scared. I couldn’t think of what to do. I could hear the girl screaming in such pain. The mother came into the kitchen and saw the her daughter crying.

She asked, “what did you do?!”

He softly says, “you won’t tell anyone, right?” with a crazy smile.

The mother tries to run for it but the father catches up to her and pins her to the floor. I could hear him whisper.

“Let’s just make sure you won’t tell anyone.”

All of a sudden everything around me started changing and shifting. I was in the basement. I could tell because I saw stairs leading up to the hallway. i turned around hearing a women trying to scream with duct tape around her mouth. It was the mother. She was strapped to a bed. She looked at me. I wanted to go up to her and help her. But something was holding onto my feet. It felt like 2 hands holding both my feet down. The more I tried to move the harder the grip was. I then saw the husband come up to the mother with a needle and string in his hand. He gave the mother a shot which made her sleep after a couple of seconds. I saw as he took the duct tape off her mouth and started sewing her mouth together. It was horrifying. I saw the joy on his face as he was sewing her lips together. It was hard for me to watch, I wanted to turn my head but I couldn’t. It was like someone was holding my head, wanting me to watch this.

When he was done sewing her lips together, she woke up trying to scream. He brushed her hair with his fingers and said,

“You’re beautiful as ever.”

Tears coming down the mother’s face with the look of pleading to let her go. The father slaps her across the face, and yells

“Why didn’t you say thank you?! This is why I hate this house!”

The father grabs a knife from the counter and slits her mouth, ear to ear.

“Say thank you at once,” he says. “or I’ll kill that little girl of yours.”

The mother lays there dead on the ground. Quiet. Her eyes , focused on me.

All of a sudden I woke up , in a hospital. I could see my friends and family around me . My mother comes up to me and holds me tight.

“Oh! Thank god you’re alright!”

“what happened?” I asked.

“ you slipped and knocked your head as you were walking towards a house.” My mother said.

I thought to myself, was it all just a bad dream? Or what? My friends lightly punched my arm and chest.

“Breh, you were hella close to getting candy from that house.”

“uhm. Yeah. Aha  guess?” I said.

The next day the nurse told us we could go home & that I should get rest and not go out for a couple days. We got into the car and started driving. As we got close to my house we were going to pass the house down main street. I looked at the house , and saw police tapes everywhere with two body bags on the ground. Cops and detectives walking everywhere. I looked at the circular window on the house and saw the mother and daughter. I knew. It was not a dream.

This is inpired by all the Horror movies i've seen.