The Yellow One | Teen Ink

The Yellow One

By Blizzic BRONZE, Redondo Beach, California
Blizzic BRONZE, Redondo Beach, California

"I demand cookies!"

-Michael J. Caboose

I never really understood why people loved the other Animatronics so much.  The fact that they walked around and talked to you chilled me to the bone, and I remember thinking that they'd leave the restaurant and find me in my sleep. Bonnie's eyes always creeped me out, and the way it talked... that deep voice returned to me in my nightmares. Chika's beak made it look insane, and it tended to get right in your face when it said: "How's the pizza?!?!" Then there was Foxy. Foxy... his teeth were what scared me the most. It was also because he moved around so fast... you'd hear a couple footsteps, and bam! He'd be right behind you, asking you if you'd like to hear a song. I'd been to my fair share of birthdays and celebrations at Freddy Fazbear's, so I'd somewhat gotten used to the creepy animatronics. But there was one I'd always liked. The main one, Freddy Fazbear himself. I don't know why... something about his appearance just made me like him. He was just as fast as Foxy, but he didn't startle you as much. His voice was somewhat normal, and him being the mascot of the place made me feel like he would rein in the other, creepier ones. I remember that one weekend, I was at Freddy's for two days in a row (What can I say? It was a popular place, and I had a lot of friends with summer birthdays). At one point during the day, a toddler got pizza sauce all over Freddy's chest. The next day, Freddy was different. His suit, instead of being the generic tanish-brown, was pure yellow. I remember asking one of the employees about it, and he responded simply enough: "They sent us the wrong color when we first opened up. Now we just use his suit as an extra." I liked the yellow Freddy even more; he sparkled like a gold coin, and he was easier to spot. I felt myself grow attached to the character like the other kids had for the other characters.
   Until later that year.
   I was hanging out in the back, near pirates cove, trying to sing one of Freddy's songs with a group of five other children. We'd get the lyrics wrong and laugh every so often. Down the hall from there, I noticed it was oddly dark. I guess they had no need for lights back there. Then an idea came to mind; I loved watching my American friends do stupid things.
   "Hey, Bobby," I ventured. "Dare you to go down that hallway."
   Bobby glanced at the hall consumed by darkness, wide eyed. "No way! You do it, Michael!"
   I laughed at him. "Ok, sure. I will. Come with me though."
   Once again, his eyes grew wide, and he seemed to shrink into his seat. "No! I don't want to!"
   I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Bobby. What could possibly be back there?"
   He stuttered for an answer. Than he settled with: "I just don't want to!"
   "Fine," I replied, feeling like a maverick. Well, about as maverick as a six year old can get. "Lemme prove to you that there's nothing back there.
   I slid from my seat, and waltzed toward the hall, undaunted. But I paused at the edge of the shadow. What if someone was back there, and he yelled at me to go back? Or worse: What if an animatronic was back there, and it startled me, and I screamed like a little girl? That would be so embarrasing...
   "Are you gonna go?" Ben asked.
   "Nah, he's chicken." Colleen teased. "Maybe even Chika Chicken.
   That spurred a laugh. "Alright, I'm going!" I said, and took a step into the darkness. Then another. And another. The dark quickly consumed me like it had for the rest of the hallway. I gulped. I kept going, though, venturing down the hall slowly. I could feel the other's eyes on my back. I finally stopped about ten feet into the dark, relaxing.
   "See? There's nothing ba-"
   "HI THERE!!!"
The loud, crazed voice came from directly in front of me.  I screamed, running out of the shadowed hall. The others cryed out as well; Bobby screamed like a girl. I backed up as fast as I could, quickly joining the others at the table. Then we all stared at the dark hall, waiting for whatever had yelled at me with horrified looks on our faces.
   Seconds passed. I had the thought that I had imagined it. But the others had heard it as well! It hadn't sounded like one of the animatronics. It sounded like... like someone had yelled right in my face. I was about to suggest we run when something emerged from the hall.
   It moved slowly, revealing itself from the shadow. At first all that had poked out of the dark had been it's head. Then the rest of it's body followed. I started to relax as I recognized the figure.
   It was Freddy. The yellow one.
But then  my relief faded as I realized something, even though the others were breathing heavy sighs and saying "Hi, Freddy!" Bobby even went right up to him gave him a high five. But I remained frozen in place, the scary thought I'd had echoing through my mind,
   Freddy had been in his normal suit today. He hadn't been wearing the yellow suit. So who was this?
   Now that I had realized, I noticed that Freddy wasn't acting like he normally did. His voice sounded human when he spoke to the others, and his movements were too exaggerated, like someone trying to behave as the animatronics did. I found myself inching towards the way back to the party room.
   At some point, after he had said hi to everyone but me, Golden Freddy looked around at all of us. His face looked weird, like his mouth was broken or something.
   "Do you children want to hear another song?" he asked.
   While me and Bobby shook our heads, the others nodded excitedly. When Freddy saw that we had refused, he walked toward Bobby, who averted his eyes.
   "It's a really nice song!!!" Freddy promised. "I just have to go get my microphone from the back!"
   Two things creeped me out from this exchange. First off, whenever anyone had said yes to one of the animatronics' songs, they quickly started to started to sing, no matter where they were or what they were doing. I'd never seen one react to others that didn't want to hear the song. Secondly, Freddy normally had his microphone with him. He never had to go get it.
   "Ummmm... no thanks," I said, backing away slowly. Then I realized why his face looked so weird. He was trying to smile. But usually the animatronics had no problem smiling. That did it for me. I turned around and started walk quickly away.
   Before I could escape, I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Freddy, his creepy broken smile even wider. Human eyes stared at me from Freddy's eye sockets. I was sure of it. There was a human in this suit.
  I shrugged off his hand and ran back towards the party room just as I heard Bobby saying: "Well, okay..." Once I was ten feet away, I heard the man yell "Come on, children! Follow me!"
   I shivered, and scanned the party room for my mother, standing at the doorway to it. My bond with the Yellow Freddy had been decimated. Just then, a voice to my left said:
   "What were you doing back there?"
   Facing the voice, I found it was the manager of the restaurant. He looked at me with scolding eyes, glancing occasionally at the hall like he expected something to follow me. I wondered why he was acting so jumpy.
   "Oh, Yellow Freddy was just taking my frineds down that hall to hear a song," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant so he didn't think I was a baby.
   The manager's mouth gaped open. "What?" he asked.
   I gave him a look of confusion. "We were just hanging out by Pirate Cove and-"
   "What?!" the manager repeated, this time yelling. "Freddy's not in his Golden suit today!"
   "I know, I was thinking that too-"
   In the middle of my sentence, the manager brushed past me. He started to book towards the darkened hallway when someone called out: "Sir!"
   The manager glanced over his shoulder at the employee who had called for him.
   "What?!" he scowled impatiently.
   "It's Foxy, sir. He's acting up again."
   "Well, then switch him off again!" he yelled back, sighing afterwards. " 'Course it's my favorite animatronic that keeps going crazy."
   Then he dashed into the darkened hall.
   The whole exchange frightened me, and I couldn't see my mother from where I was standing. So as the employee ran off to look for Foxy, I ran around the restaurant, wondering where my mother was. I ran through the maze of tables, with kids sitting at them, gorging on pizza and lemonade, all with no clue what was going on behind the scene. I must have run around for a quarter-hour. Eventually, the thought came to me that my mother might be in the bathroom, so I started to bolt towards it. I turned the corner and-
   "Aaaah!" I yelled out, stumbling backwards and falling to the ground as I recognized the towering figure before me.
   It was Foxy.
   Foxy took a few, slow steps toward me. I felt like if I ran, it would be like running from a bear; if you ran, it would chase you. So I sat, frozen in place, as Foxy's glowing eyes stared at me. Wait no, eye, he had his eye patch on. Foxy took another careful step towards me. My facial muscles started to hurt from being contracted in worry. Foxy's eye sparked with his next step.
   "It's... It's me," the animatronic said very calmly. His eye sparked again. His mouth jaw hung open, revealing his sharp teeth.
   "It's... you?" I whispered, my curiousity killing the cat. Or in this case, me.
   The animatronic's head moved up slowly, with a mechanical sound. Then the head moved slightly downward at the same speed. He's nodding, I thought.
   Suddenly, footsteps echoed from the girl's bathroom, and my mother walked out, freezing when she saw Foxy and I. My little sister, Audrey, hung on my mothers hand, innocent little eyes staring up at the pirate fox.
   "Foxy!" she cried out tersely.
   Then Foxy let out a scream. It was a horrible sound, like a child's scream mixed with the mechanical sound of the animatronics moving, along with some other horrifying elements to it. I hear that scream in my head everyday now. It went on for a solid couple seconds. Then Foxy spun around and pounced on my sister. She started making a noise, like a combination of screaming and crying. I screamed. My mother screamed. Red liquid squirted everywhere. Foxy kept at it, and I heard a crunching sound that I realized was the sound of Foxy's jaw breaking. Then, Foxy stood, as if satisfied with his work, turned toward me. My eyes widened. My sister kept rolling around on the floor, a pool of blood growing from her spot. Foxy's eyes glowed with intensity, blood dripping from his jaw.
   "IT'S ME!!!" he yelled, and dashed toward me. But someone  jumped in front of it, tackling Foxy to the ground. After a few seconds of struggling, the man reached for Foxy's back. After that, Foxy powered off. His limbs clanked to the floor, and his eyes dimmed like lightbulbs. I realized that it was the manager who had tackled Foxy. My mother dropped to my sister's side, sobbing. I sobbed along with her.
    I don't remember too much about what happened next, but I remember that an ambulance came for my sister. I remember my mom driving me crazily to my babysister's house, muttering: "We aren't ever going there again."
   When I got to my sitter's house, my mom raced back to the hospital. We normally played games or watched tv when I was with my babysitter, but I just sat on the couch and stared at the wall. Remembering those eyes. Those teeth, dripping with crimson liquid. That horrible scream.
   I never returned to Freddy Fazbear's pizza. I never saw Bobby, Colleen, Ben, Margaret, or Sylvia again. My sister hasn't been able to move on her own and has had trouble speaking ever since. Everyday, I'd felt the heavy need to speak to the manager. I felt like I should tell the manager about me and Foxy's little "It's me" conversation. For years, I felt like I needed to talk to the manager so badly. I tried calling the place, over and over again. But it just said that the number was incorrect.
   Slowly, the incident faded to the back of my mind. It remained there, all throughout grade school and middle school, and most of highschool. Then, whilst looking for a job in the paper, one, very important ad caught my eye. This was my oppertunity. My oppertunity to warn the manager of some troubled thoughts I'd had. To maybe even save lives. I enrolled for the job immediately, feeling like a hero. This was my chance.
   And I wouldn't waste it. It's what a Schmit would do.

Article/ Job description below 

Help Wanted

Freddy Fazbear's Pizza

Family Pizzeria looking for security guard to work the nightshift.

Monitor cameras, ensure safety of equipment and animatronic characters.

Not responsible for injury/dismemberment.

120 dollars a week. To apply, call 1-888-FAZ-FAZBEAR.

This creepy story is about Five nights at Freddy's (I don't really wanna call it fanfiction, but you could call it that), an indie horror game you've probably heard of. If you haven't heard of it, I highly recommend that you play it blind. It ruins it if you know what you're doing. Also, the Game Theory on fnaf is definitely something you should watch in order to understand this better. Also, the final text is the ad from fnaf 1 that you see when you click new game. All credit goes to Scott Cawthon for the above mentioned text. Enjoy.

Mo-Con BRONZE said...
Mo-Con BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Our past is a story. Our future is it's sequel."

@Blizzic No problem! Keep up the good work!

Blizzic BRONZE said...

"I demand cookies!"

-Michael J. Caboose

Thanks so much!

Blizzic BRONZE said...

"I demand cookies!"

-Michael J. Caboose

Yeah, I know there were a few issues that the release of fnaf two caused. Thanks for the kind words!

MattV221 BRONZE, Pewaukee Wisconsin, Wisconsin

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett

I love the FNAF games, so this was a huge thriller for me. I love the suspense and action and how you put your own spin on the back story with "The Bite of '87", and the missing children.

Mo-Con BRONZE said...
Mo-Con BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Author, My god was this great. It was a great perspective on the whole story, but there were a few mistakes Over all, just wow. Me being a FNAF fan loved it!