Duped | Teen Ink

Duped

November 17, 2014
By Nathan La Fleur BRONZE, La Vista, Nebraska
Nathan La Fleur BRONZE, La Vista, Nebraska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Duped
I open my eyes to find out I am in an old mansion. As I skim the room to find any clues of where I might be I see lots of old dusty family photos. A very fancy environment but weirdly all the windows were tightly boarded shut. As I walk out into the hallway I see a long narrow passageway. At the end of the passageway I see a man in all black. Then all of the sudden he charges at me like an angry bull! Pulling out his knife I rushed to the nearest room and locked the door. As I take a glance into the room I had just walked into to my surprise I find an elegant grand piano. It seemed……strange that it would be in a room all by its lonesome just sitting here. Since I was stuck for the moment in this room I thought that I should play the piano to pass the time. As I started playing it sounded beautiful. Like deer prancing across a large field. But when I stopped playing to my surprise the piano did not. Shivering in fear I run to the front door of the mansion. As I see the man in black coming towards me I slam the door down. But as I slammed the door I only find a group of my friends laughing. It had all been a stupid prank.


The author's comments:

I am into mystery's and thrillers and I thought it would be awesome to put a weird twist in at the end.