Dark House | Teen Ink

Dark House

November 12, 2014
By brina1998 BRONZE, Camden, New Jersey
brina1998 BRONZE, Camden, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When I was walking home in the dark, I was scared because the cops were out and I had left school. I had to walk home alone. It was just me and my friend. We were playing with the cops and the cops said, “Go home and have a good day.”  We told them no because it’s not fair that we can’t stay out; we had to be eighteen or older to stay out. My friends and I had left to go catch my bus and to buy me some food because I did not eat. My dad was going to buy me some food, but when we were going to get the food the cops had come and asked us why we were out this late. I said it’s not fair because we can’t stay out like that, so I told them take me to the station and I will ask permission. They always come after us. Besides, why aren’t they going after the little kids that stay out more than we do? Like, come on, now, go do your job!


They said they were going to take us home, so we got in the car. They was talking to my mom and my mom said, “How about y’all take her, then, if she don’t want to listen to y’all.” I said, “I will dare you to take me.” They said they can’t do that because they not allowed to arrest kids. So I had run away from the cops to a dark house with my friends because we did not want to go to the station. My friends didn’t want to get a phone call home and tell our mom that we were out this late. But, the house that we were in it was too dark. My friend was scared and I was not scared of anything, but it was too funny for me.


The house was dark with lot of toys and rides to get on, like an old amusement part. When we were in the house, my friend went missing. I called her name and she did not hear me because she was trying to get me scared, but I was not scared. My friend in the toy box; she was trying to pop out of it to scare me. It did not work at all but she trying to and it was funny. When she went to the kitchen to see something, I had gone to the room. She was calling my name and I did not say anything at all because I was trying to scare her and I jump out of nowhere. She ran out of the house; it was funny.


The author's comments:

I hope you think it's funny