Sleepover at the Abandoned Tree House | Teen Ink

Sleepover at the Abandoned Tree House

“So, we’re going to sleepover at the place?” one of the girls asked. The other girl nodded with agreement. As the conversation ended, they left school to begin packing for the sleepover. The two girls planned this for a long time, but they never got the chance to do it until now. They couldn’t wait to get started.
In the next few hours, they both met at the place. “Here it is the abandoned tree house. People say this place is haunted, but I don’t believe that.” one of the girls said. “Yeah, we will prove the scared people that this place isn’t haunted.” the other girl said. As they went inside, they unpacked to prepare for the sleepover. After a few hours of playing around, they got ready to sleep. “Do you think this place really is haunted?” one of the girls asked. “Are you kidding? People make scary stuff up just to scare us.” the other girl responded. “I know. Just testing you.” the girl who asked the question said. Then, they went to sleep.
“Stop pushing me.” one of the girls said. The pushing didn’t stop. “Please stop now!” the girl said. The pushing still didn’t stop. “You know what?!” the girl said as she woke up. Then, she saw a ghost with a gruesome face as it screamed hideously. The girl screamed as she awoke the other girl. “What’s wrong?” the girl who was awakened asked. Both girls paused for a moment, and then the girl with the dream said, “Sorry, I had a weird dream.” After that moment, they both went back to sleep. Someone giggled. “Why are you giggling?” one of the girls asked. “I wasn’t giggling.” the other girl answered. One of the girls felt a pinch. “Quit pinching me!” the girl said who was pinched. “I didn’t pinch you!” the other girl said. The other got her hair pulled. “That’s it!” the girl said who got her hair pulled. Then, they both got angry with each other and started fighting. Suddenly, someone giggled. Both girls grew silence as they knew they didn’t giggle. Moments later, they saw a shadow that was different from their own. “Who’s there?” one of the girls asked. Out of nowhere, a ghost appeared as it screamed hideously at the girls. The girls screamed with fear. “GO AWAY!” one of the girls frightfully screamed out. Then, more ghosts appeared and started hurting the girls. “We need to get out of here!” one of the girls screamed. Without waiting, they both headed towards the ladder. But, as they climbed down, a ghost pinched one of the girls. She screamed in pain as she accidently let go of the ladder. As she fell, she bumped into the other girl, and they both fell hard towards the ground. Thump! Both of the girls didn’t move.
The next day, the parents went to pick up the girls, but when they arrived, they couldn’t believe their eyes. They stood there in shock as they saw their girls, lying there dead. “Hey guys, come look at this.” one of the girls’ dad said. The parents rushed and saw a sign that filled them with fear as it said “Shhh, don’t tell anybody…”