Love is Brewing | Teen Ink

Love is Brewing

November 13, 2014
By Peyton Cannon BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
Peyton Cannon BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I heard my mom come running down the stairs, she was crying and said my aunt and uncle died in an explosion and my cousin Charlie was coming to live with us. I haven’t heard much about him, I have only seen pictures. My mom said he is brilliant, but he’s autistic so he keeps to himself most of the time.
Charlie arrived yesterday; he doesn’t look much like the pictures, tall dark brown hair with the same piercing blue eyes. When he walked in the door he headed straight for the guest room. He didn’t really speak he is always watching his surrounding like he being watched.  Charlie started talking to me today about some chemistry problem, and he actually engaged in a conversation at dinner last night maybe Charlie is not so different after all.
Things have taken an unexpected turn in Charlie lately he has been changing everything about himself especially his behavior. I love Charlie and all something isn’t right with him anymore, every time I try to tell my parents they say they don’t want to hear it because Charlie has gone through a lot in the past few weeks and I should be respectful of his feelings. I decided to take matters into my own hands and go look through his room, I found a journal I went back to the night his parents died it said “I did it, I killed them I didn’t want to it just happened couldn’t take them anymore they were always calling me “special” they were always treating me different than the other kids it wasn’t fair, So I stopped it.” I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I hated him for what he did but my parent adored him. I ran out of the room to get my mom by the time I brought her back in to Charlie’s room the journal, vanished it was just gone. My parents think I’m crazy. Love is brewing but so is hatred.