Alone In A Darkened Wood | Teen Ink

Alone In A Darkened Wood

November 13, 2014
By Rennok_and_also_Cire SILVER, Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Rennok_and_also_Cire SILVER, Fort Sill, Oklahoma
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

I awaken alone in a darkened wood, I am panicked and afraid not knowing who I am or where I must be. What has happened? I yet not know, my suspicions of what has happened to me make no since to me. I hear a snap of a twig behind me, I whirl around and see… I see nothing. Am I being fallowed or was it just some small fox darting across the forest floor? Whatever it must be worries me. My panic has subsided, I am no longer thinking out of fear. I’m being smart thinking of my next move what should I do? Should I stay here and wait for help? No – no one will come I can see up into the sky over the canopy of the trees and the sun as just begun to fall into her slumber, and from the dirt on my clothes I can assume I have not been here for more than a few messily hours.
I've walked for at least three hours now into the direction of where I believe civilization to be. But my strength draws weak, I feel as if I have been out here for days and it is slowly destroying me. My moral is extremely low I am worried I will not have the will power to carry on. I wish not, for this place to be my final resting point. But from what I am experiencing I am afraid it must just be that here in alone in this darkened wood I will die.
I have been walking for a total of seven hours now, I have no come to the conclusion that I am being followed by something or someone. It stalks me silently, and expertly. This thing whatever it may be, should I be afraid of it?
It has now come to my attention that this thing that is following me is not human. I found this out by back tracking to look for prints and or scat. What I found was extremely terrifying. I did not find scat nor did I find a print instead I found the creature itself:  tall I’d say about eight foot tall, large dark wings as those from an angel but black, it’s eyes glowed with crimson , the rest of its features equal to those of a human. This creature I have never seen anything like it in the world. But I've seen it somewhere, somewhere extremely old. A manuscript from some ancient era. Yes! I remember it was from a time long before Gods and Goddesses were ever worshiped. Before god ever existed. This being is a creature of the purest and most obscene evil ever imagined. Its species was told to be whipped out millennium ago. How could it still be alive? The creature itself has no name for it has been lost to the ages.
The night grows short and I still have yet to find any signs of civilization being remotely close. The creature must have either forgotten about me or is stalking me from the sky. I’m afraid that this may be my last day on the blessed mother Earth.
The sounds of sirens can be heard over the rumble of thunder in the distance. Police men and women chatter through radios and move about what appears to be a crime scene. What has happened is that a man was found dead right on the outskirts of the city limits. The man had no identification, the only thing that was found on him was a notebook with several journal entrees of the past few hours. The last entry read “Death comes to all when alone in a darkened wood.”


The author's comments:

This Cire aka Eric!!! I hope you enjoy this spooky short story I wrote a while back :D ENJOY!!!