Scabbed | Teen Ink

Scabbed

By _leedawson BRONZE, Wheelwright, Kentucky
_leedawson BRONZE, Wheelwright, Kentucky

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, its not." Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I rest upon his arm. I am the healer, yet the pest. He does not like me. Frankly, he loathes me. He does not understand the good I am doing for him.

Today we will be going to a cinema. I suppose he is not alone, for a young girl has accompanied us. She is short, unlike his towering height. And she is beautiful. Next to her, I feel ugly.

He is holding her hand. I’m close to her, now. I can’t smell her. But he tells her she smells lovely. I suppose I agree, considering my predicament.

They’re kissing. It’s disgusting. His tongue has touched hers quite few times. Now he is kissing her neck. She is opening her mouth as to moan. I hear nothing.

We’re at her house in what I suppose is her bedroom. The only sound is their lips smacking and her slight moans. He begins touching her shoulders.

She sees me.

“Get rid of it!” she screams. He ignores her. He only stands up and walks to the bathroom. He closes the door.

He is killing me! He is going to get rid of me! No! He can’t do this!

I don’t want to d –

The piece is written to express how someone might feel when being left out from friends. Something like a third wheel, frankly.