Its Dark Outside | Teen Ink

Its Dark Outside

By Rennok_and_also_Cire SILVER, Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Rennok_and_also_Cire SILVER, Fort Sill, Oklahoma

Its dark outside, the owls hoot, the crickets chirp it seems as if it’s a normal night. I dream, of lovely summer days, laying there on the soft grass enjoying the late afternoon breeze. Sadly as I awaken I am not in the field, instead I am in a pure white room, and the psych ward is empty of all noise except for the hoots and chirps from the intercom speakers.

I’m stuck in here like everyone else, alone but not truly alone…… I have my voices, yes my voices- my friends, without them I’d go insane. The funny thing is the doctors think I’m insane because of the voices, they couldn’t be more wrong.

This future compared to the past is Hell, “I’m not crazy I swear!” my usual line along with everyone else here in this God forsaken place. The morning arrives the lights are cut back on, the orderlies bring us our medications and take our restraints off allowing us to roam freely around…. Some of us are too drugged to leave our rooms, others are too crazy to be in a crowd then there is me somewhere in between. I leave my room which is really more or less a comfortable prison cell. I walk to a lone circular table off into the corner, the window was high enough to were one who is as drugged as we are could not climb up and get out but low enough to look out of, I can see the wind blow the lonely willow tree in the courtyard, beside the tree stood a dark hooded figure as still as a statue I leaned in to look closer and blinked as my eyes came open the figure was right against the window, I screamed and fell out of my chair, the orderlies ran to me asking me what was wrong. I was so shocked all I could do was mumble and thrash around as they tried to sedate me. As I felt the needle puncture my skin everything went blurry and I was asleep. I awoke in my room strapped to my bed, I do not panic for it is protocol to be strapped down after a psychotic episode…. I sigh and slowly stare at the ceiling for I am wide awake even the hoots and chirps don’t amuse me. I hear an unusual rustle off into the corner, I look over to see what is causing the noise and to my horror it is the figure, my voice catches in my throat I cannot scream. The figure is upon me, all goes dark.

I awaken in my cozy bed, in my ordinary room not a room of a psych ward but a normal teenager room, my Xbox sitting on my entertainment center along with my TV and my laptop lay closed and asleep humming quietly. I feel sweat all over my forehead … I have witnessed my possible future, I have witnessed my death.

This piece was not easy to write. If it wasn't for my knowledge upon the psycosis of crazy people..... Ha just kidding it was fairly easy to write and it is one of my favorite pieces I have wrote...

By the way this is a duel account between me (Eric) and my friend Conner that we will use when submitting our writtings, we will always put our name somewhere for everyone to know who wrote it. and our creative writting club may have an account up soon as well so enjoy ...

Yeah, well this story was written for the creative writting club I formed for school called Ink Masters so yeah I love it honestly I feel like it is one of my best works.  

GirlGenius SILVER, Oakland, New Jersey

The question for today is* : If you could solve any world crisis right now, what would it be?
(*-GirlGenius's favorite quote)

Yeah... kind of me too.

on Nov. 19 2014 at 8:23 am
Well thank you so much :) . So far my friends who have read it hate me because they wanted to read more XD

GirlGenius SILVER, Oakland, New Jersey

(*-GirlGenius's favorite quote)

Well, since you have commented on mine, I thought I could comment on yours. Let me say... I love it. Nice description and ending. I love how you say, "I have witnessed my death." Creeeepy!!!