Thw Switch | Teen Ink

Thw Switch

By NoelleSabatino SILVER, Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
NoelleSabatino SILVER, Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey

It drives me crazy. How can I live in this type of world? Everyday I see the love between them.  I love her, not him. Arnold was charming, somehow always getting his way. He was very intelligent for a 27 year old. I wonder all the time if he is up to something by how smart he is, it confuses me greatly. Arnold is four years younger than me, and everyone thinks he’s better than me at everything. It is one of the things I hate about him. Why would he be better than me? I am stronger, older, handsomer! I should be the brother with everything. The brother that has Alexa!
Alexa is the most beautiful woman of all. She is perfect. But my dear brother Arnold just had to get her first. I watch Alexa from afar. Studying all of her gorgeous features. Oh why does she have to be so flawless? I wish that my love was the love she sees, and not his. He may be my brother, but that will not stop me from getting Alexa. I will do what it takes to make her mine.
"Arnold, we should get together at the park one night to discuss business."
“How about tomorrow night after Alexa and I celebrate?"
When he said her name, all I saw was red. I wanted to be the one to celebrate with Alexa. Arnold did not deserve to be with her. Tomorrow night is when all will be right. 
As I stood outside her bedroom window, I watched Alexa fall asleep. I studied her posture.  The way she curled her hand to the way to her legs straightened. I needed her to be mine soon, or I would go crazy. It is hard to understand how Arnold could capture such a magnificent creature. Alexa deserved more than my low life of a brother, she deserved me! How will I get Alexa as mine? How will I accomplish such a thing?
The next morning I stopped by their home, "Brother, are we still going to meet?"
"Oh yes! What time should we agree to?" Arnold replied.
"How about midnight? It will be nice and peaceful."
I had eight hours to plan. It is still a mystery as to how I will achieve my humongous goal. All I wanted was to spend my life with the love of my life! Was it too hard to ask for? Now, it is all clear as to how I would succeed. All I needed was Arnold.
It was finally time to get my beautiful queen. The time has come. After three painfully slow years, it is the day to get her. It was time take action. As I was on my way to meet up with Arnold, the only thing blocking me from my true love, the question on the back of my mind kept repeating “Will all go as planned?”
"Oh, it is about time you showed up!" Arnold said.
"Sorry brother I had to pick some things up, but please follow me."
As I led Arnold deep into the mysterious woods, I grew confident with my plan. "Why do we keep getting further away? I thought we were just going to talk?"
"Oh trust me younger brother, we are going to talk."
We kept going through the dark woods. I knew where the hole lay among the woods, for I was there mere hours ago. We were about three feet away from the hole when I felt a force hit me from behind. By the time I realized what had happened, it was too late. Someone had pushed me into the pit I had made.
"Did you actually think I was this stupid? You underestimate me sometimes Edward" Arnold scarily said.
Like a deer caught in headlights I asked, "How did you know what I was up to?"
"I followed you here during the day. I knew something was suspicious when you asked to meet me so late. So I trailed behind you all day."
I could not believe what I was hearing. Our roles were switched, he was the demon. I was the prey.  I could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. Arnold was planning to kill me. How is it possible?  I was supposed to be the one burying him! Not him burying me! My thoughts were going so wild that I had no idea that Arnold started burying me. The dirt was already covering half of my body. I started to plead with the demon inside of Arnold. This was not the way it was supposed to turn out! If only there was a way out, but it was too late. Only my head was left uncovered.
The last thing I heard before everything went black was, "Alexa will always be mine. Nothing can take her away from me." Then everything went black.