Blood On My Hair Ribbon | Teen Ink

Blood On My Hair Ribbon

By valerie hancock BRONZE, Augusta, Kansas
valerie hancock BRONZE, Augusta, Kansas

It was but a dark and scary night, the night everyone was waiting for. Girls wearing dresses with blood running down them and hair teased out. Guys in their torn up suits, blood and dirt stains. Everyone wears dark eyes and red lips with blood dripping.  As people are walking up to the doors, the lights are dark, the sound is loud, and they are walking into the doors of the 2014 homecoming dance.
Inside, the strobe lights flash and the music blares as creatures are on the dance floor limping around, it was a proviso you dressed and walked this way, other wise you looked like the outcast. Over at the food table are red and black cupcakes, candy corn, blood red punch with a hand mad of ice to keep it cool. The paper decoration hanging up and flying around the room had a scare on everyone. It was like they were in some sort of a fantasy land.
The screams and moans in the music, everyone yelling with cheer that their dance was prefect.
The games all around the room to be played, apple bobbing, zombie walks, witch hunting. Over at one of many displays they had was a murder and the victim lies there with a knife deep in her chest, detectives standing around her dead corps. At another display there is a graveyard with zombies coming out of the ground and chasing people. Mummies opening their caskets looking for the first soul they can take. The display of all, the one that tramples over any other one KAY could have through of, the torture display. With an electric chair, stretch board, iron maiden, a pot to be boiled alive and many more. This display scared everyone the most, they didn’t want to know what it was like to have to use these, or let alone what it felt like. They wondered what kind of proficient psycho could have done this to innocent people, to but them in such pangful torture with out feeling any guilt of it, how they could go home and sleep innocently like nothing had happened that day.
With the high schoolers jumping back and forth from game to game, food to dance, then back to food, everyone was happy.
As the night dies down and the clock is ticking to 11:00 pm, student numbers start to decrease as they leave to go home. It hers close to the last song of the night,
“Alrighty everyone its time to slow things down a bit, grab that special other freak of yours and dance the night away with them.” The DJ announces.
The song slows down and everyone moves back and forth to the beat with the one they brought.
The clock strikes 11 and everyone whom is left leaves taking home with them the memory of the moment they will never forget, the night they made all other nights possible, the thoughts that those were real students in the torture displays and not just fake dummies. The night was truly a fright night.

i wrote this becuase we were about to have out homecomming and so i desided to write a peice on how i would like it to be. 

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences