Blood Moon | Teen Ink

Blood Moon

October 19, 2014
By Sheyy BRONZE, Weiser, Idaho
Sheyy BRONZE, Weiser, Idaho
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" I may be pretty, but I'm not beautiful.
I may be good, but I'm not an angel.
I may have sins, but I'm not the devil."
- Marylin Monroe


Tonight is the night of the blood moon and my sisters and I need to get ready for the party. This isn't any ordinary party if that's what you're thinking. Believe it or not, my sisters and I happen to be witches. There's only three of us, counting me, out of our family tree that we know of.

Chapter 1: BOOM!

Blood Moon


Tonight is the night of the blood moon and my sisters and I need to get ready for the party. This isn't any ordinary party if that's what you're thinking. Believe it or not, my sisters and I happen to be witches. There's only three of us, counting me, out of our family tree that we know of. Our parents died a few years ago by an explosion of potions. I recoiled to the thought of that happening to my sisters and I, so we made a rule to never mess with potions we aren't familiar with. It's still great to think of how my parents used to be, though. My mom was very beautiful, had green eyes, black hair, and a placid personality. My father was a strong man with black hair, blue eyes and a cordially and veritable personality. My sisters, Skye and Star, are much like my mother. They have black hair, green eyes, but also have a demurely personality to them. I, Sue, am much like my father. I have black hair, blue eyes, yet I have an outstanding personality, so I've been told.

"Sue, we're gonna be late, hurry up!" yelled Skye.

I shake my head, leaving my little world of thoughts and yelled back, "Okay, okay, I'm almost ready."

Star walked by my room, but backed up to my door. She looked at me, with her green eyes steadily. I could tell she knew I've been thinking.

"We're gonna have a good time, I know it." said Star with a gentle smile on her face.

Star walked away to get our brooms and I finished getting ready.

"Ready to go girls?" I said as I walked out.

They both nodded with excitement as they got on their brooms. We were just about to leave, until we heard a loud bang on a wall.

As we listened to the bang on the wall, it ended up turning into bangs echoing throughout the room. We could tell the person doing them was very convulsed.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!
My sisters and I let out a few shrieks before running to the attic.

“What was that?!” asked Skye.

My thoughts are going crazy and the words are lost in my lungs. I shake my head and focus on Skye’s question.

“I don’t know.” I hesitantly said.

I look around the attic for any answers, but I got distracted by the loud bangs on the walls.

BANG!
BANG!
BANG!

Star is covering her ears and letting out a few tears while Skye is starting to hyperventilate.

My heart was pounding and my breathing was getting heavy.

“Do something Sue. Do something now!” I kept telling myself.

BANG!
BANG!
BANG!

This time, the door flew open. I could hear the large steps of what seemed to be a man. My sisters were both sitting together, covering each other’s mouth so nobody can hear their shrieks. I could hear the strange man breathing, as he starts to come closer to the attic. My sisters start to let out a few whimpers.

“Shh.. he won’t find us if we’re quiet.” I said, with my voice shaky.

The man started to come up the stairs slowly. My body started to shake and my heart was pounding even faster. Without a second to spare, the man threw the door open. My sisters and I all scream and start to put a force field around us.

“ Please don’t scream, I won’t harm you.” yelled the man.

My sisters and I didn’t listen. The man was at least six feet, but I couldn’t see anything else because there was a large cloak over him,

“Please let me explain!” said the man.

“Who are you, what do you want?!” I screamed at the man.

The man finally lifted his cloak off of him and let it drop to the ground.  He looked up with confidence and a tear in his blue eye.

“Wait..” I said to myself quietly.

He had blue eyes, black hair and a strong figure.

“Just like my..” I suddenly gasped.

I turned around and looked at my sisters. They already figured out what I had been thinking. My sisters both had tears in their eyes, I did the same. I turned back to the man, with a hopeful look on my face. I finally ask what I have been thinking this whole time.

“Dad?”


The author's comments:

This story is a revision I made to publish for school!(:

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences