A Room For Friends | Teen Ink

A Room For Friends

October 14, 2014
By Stanford Payne BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Stanford Payne BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Your emptiness has become too much to bare. Your forever known loneliness is now a scare. You search to find yourself a friend. In your search a companion, you hear a voice. You follow the sound to a room as if you have no choice. You have entered the room in search of companions to replace your loneliness. These walls bleed. Shades of a certain type of deep red leave the room dark and dim. These walls and ceiling are closing in. There is not enough space here for friends. Then a sudden shriek from the ominous door in which you entered through. In this moment, make a struggling attempt to grasp the situation and create upon it a rare reality.
Try your hardest, and fail, to comprehend your surroundings. Now try your hardest to perceive your mysterious surroundings only in order to preserve your survival. Regardless of your fear there is nowhere to run. The only place in here for you to reside is either the middle of the floor or the door in which you entered from. But sudden screams embody your broken dreams, failed obligations, and wrongdoings. You approach the door hoping for your quick escape but to your dismay there is no exit.
The door you came into through is nothing more than your closet. No clothes hang here, just your suspended skeletons and noose hanged demons. You are in search of friends but the only thing you find here are monsters in which you have rid yourself of. These skeletons and demons just stare and scare the life out of the open door image of a barely visible image of you. They know who you are very well, but you fail to ever notice the eternal existence. You begin to think that this room is something out of a horror movie; you attempt to back away from the opened door and hanging beings, but then a drip.
This room represents your damaged existence, and from the drip from the leaky ceiling is your spinal fluid. At this moment you are unable to move your body, unable to stand, and now your demons and skeletons of the closet gain their much wanted revenge. Revenge for the days you suppressed their existence. The demons and skeletons of the closet have dreamt of this day, the day in which you will replace them in the closet.
Your soul dies in that room and its burial is the closet. You will reside that closet for hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, for eons. You weep here only dry tears. You will reside here until the next lonely child comes along. They, like you, looked for friends in the bleeding room. You realize the stupidity of the child as you await the chance to have them discover you and have them replace you in the closet. You realize that they came out of a lonely hell to their bloody tomb. Then you start to realize the fatal and deadly mistake you made by entering, ‘The Room For Friends’ in the very first place.
…………This process repeats…over…and over…and over…and over……and OVER AGAIN.