The Capturing | Teen Ink

The Capturing

October 6, 2014
By Addison Simspon BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
Addison Simspon BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Kidnaping of Scary Creek Barn

“Lexie hurry up, we are going to be late!” I yelled from down stairs.

“Hold your horses Lauren!” Lexie remarked.
“I have been waiting here for almost twenty minutes” I said.


“Lexie if you don’t…” I started to yell, with anger in my voice, interrupted by Lexie stomping down the stairs with her boots, blonde hair curled, and a fancy pull over she had bought earlier that day.


“Lexie you do know that we are only going to Scary Creek Barn right?” I asked with a hint of a laugh.
“Yes? And… Adam will be there!” Lexie squealed.


“It’s now 7:57 Lexie. We were supposed to be there at 7:30.” I demanded as I twisted the keys to start the engine to the car I got just 3 months before.


“Yeah, Yeah. Whatever. At least we…” Lexie stopped mid-sentence and glanced at my outfit and continued, “Well, at least I will be fashionably late.” Lexie said with a laugh as she peered out the window.


After what seemed like we had been driving for hours we finally arrived at the gate to Scary Creek Barn.
“Lexie? I asked.


“Yup?” Lexie replied cheerfully.
“Text the others and ask where they are.” I told her, Lexie doesn’t reply she just automatically starts to text them.


As I drove down the gravel road, only lit by the headlights of my car, I saw a dark figure running through the trees that were lining the gravel road. Next thing I know the dark figure runs out in front of my car causing Lexie and I to jerk forward a little from me stopping suddenly. Once we came to a stop I rolled down my window just enough for the masked man to be able to hear me.


“What is wrong with you!?” I screamed with anger in my voice. The response I got was just a few chuckles. After the person laughed a little bit he finally started to pull off his mask, revealing that it was Adam.


“Adam? I could have hit you!” I yelled.


“Whatever Adam, next time I may not stop…” I said jokingly.


“Get in the car if you want a ride, unless of course you’d like to walk.” I demanded. Once Adam was in the car I started the car down the road slowly still being cautious of what else might jump out at me. Once we got to the Barn entrance I found a parking spot close to the entrance, so we didn’t have to walk very far. Once we got up to the front we decided that the first group of 3 would be Lexie, Adam, and I. And the second group would be Allie, Kate, and Mason. After all 6 of us got through the barn we all decided to go to the corn maze. We got about half way through it when I kept noticing a lot of movement in the unpaved corn. I didn’t pay much attention to it. I should have paid attention to it though; maybe if I had, I could have saved her. When we were all at my car just talking to each other, none of us really noticed that Lexie was gone. It wasn’t until Allie said something to Lexie and she never replied that we realized she was missing. The others just thought she was in the bathroom and didn’t think much about it, but I knew something was wrong. Lexie would have told me or one of the others if she was going somewhere, so I started going back to the corn maze to look for her. By the time I went through the maze yelling her name I knew something was seriously wrong. Once I called 911 it was just a matter of time before they showed up to help us find her. The police didn’t find her or any trace of where she might have went, so they went back to the station to file it as a kidnapping. The next day it was all over the news about Lexie being kidnapped. It was about 6 months later and they found her, she was gone.