The Little Devil | Teen Ink

The Little Devil

By squirrelqueen1022 GOLD, Youngstown, Ohio
squirrelqueen1022 GOLD, Youngstown, Ohio

Life is never easy but the smart ones find ways to make it easier and strong ones keep moving forward.

I sat in the car listening to music as my parents drove my family to their new home. The little ones were excited, we older ones weren’t as thrilled since we had to leave our friends behind. We were close now as we passed the big suburban houses. Everything looked so cheerful and happy as if nothing bad ever actually happened. Then we pulled into the drive way of our new big blue house. It looked livable to me but the house wasn’t my problem it was meeting new people. And I was about to meet our new neighbors that lived right next door to us in a light red house with a swing in the front. They ran over almost immediately to greet us. “Hey new neighbors! Welcome to the neighborhood!” The man said shaking my father’s hand. They had a cheerful conversation. A conversation I wasn’t paying attention too. I was too busy looking around, watching kids ride their bikes, play hopscotch and tag. House wives tend to their garden, their husbands mowing the lawns and teenagers talking on the sidewalk bored as they pull out grass. One child caught my eye. My new neighbor’s daughter that swung on the swing in their front yard. Her blonde hair was in two braids, her skin was light but not light enough to be considered pale, and she had ice cold blue eyes and what looked to be a deadly smile.

This little girl had such a deadly smile it somewhat scared me. I watched her swing, she was swinging in perfect rhythm and her body didn’t seem to even move. She stared at me, and looked into my eyes. I felt a cold chill run down my back, it was almost as if she was staring into my soul and trying to take it. She had such a dark look in her eyes it was almost as if I was staring at death, or maybe I was staring into the eyes of the devil. I tried brushing away the thoughts because I didn’t know this little girl maybe was the sweetest thing alive and on the outside if you looked into her eyes with that smile she looked as if she might try and eat your soul or maybe keep it for a snack. When I came back to the conversation the man was calling over his daughter. Angel was her name, how ironic I found that, it was unbelievable. She skipped over and stood near her father with a huge smile on her face rocking back and forth holding the ends of her small dress. “Hello” she said in a small cheerful voice. Six, this little girl was only six years old. As she talked she seemed to be the sweetest person alive. Maybe I was wrong maybe this little girl lived up to her name.

Our new neighbors helped us unpack everything into our home. Even their children helped they seemed to have no problem with it. As I put boxes in my room, Angel came in. She didn’t say a word she just stared at me. She was holding something behind her back that I couldn’t see. Then she pulled it out in front of me. It was a doll. Just a small doll that looked just like her even this doll had a deadly smile and look in its eyes. I looked closer at it the doll in a dark red dress, it had small stitching on the neck, face, and arms as if it had actual stitches. That just made me more creeped out of it. She started walking out until she stopped at the small chair next to my door. She put the doll on the chair facing me and skipped out. The doll just stared at me, why did she leave it in here? I wanted to go downstairs and give it to her parents but I honestly didn’t want to touch it. But I did, I picked up the doll by its small hand and carried downstairs to her parents. “Hey Angel left this in my room I thought id give it you to guys.” Her parents looked up at the doll and smiled. “Oh honey no she was giving that to you. She has tons of dolls that look just like that. She gives a doll to a new person she likes!” her father said patting my shoulder. People she liked? That seemed hard to believe. Her older brother stared at the doll in my hands and had a look of horror on his face. I walked towards him and he picked up a box and almost jogged into another room. Well there goes talking to him about this little creeper. I walked up the stairs back to my room thinking about the look on his face. I didn’t think he knew anything different, I knew that he did. My only problem was trying to get him to tell me.

I walked into my room over to my bed and tossed the doll onto it. I started unpacking my books when my door opened. I didn’t want to look because I swore it was Angel again and I didn’t want to see what she had with her this time. Then I heard the door slightly click as someone shut it. I figured she left so I turned around. I was about to scream at the sight of her brother but he put his hand over my mouth. “Ssshh! Will you please calm down?!” he said in a whisper. I just stared at him with wide eyes trying to catch my breath. “Are you going to calm down now?” He asked. I shook my head and he took his hand off my mouth. He looked around my room for a brief moment and then walked over to my bed. He grabbed the doll and put it in my night stand drawer. Then he turned around and we just stared at each other in silence. Why did he put the doll in my night stand? I had to break the silence standing in my bed room with someone whose name I don’t even know is freaking me out just a bit. “What are you doing in here? And what’s your name anyways?” I asked still looking at him. “My name is CJ and I’m in here to tell you about my sister and that doll. What’s your name?” I don’t think anything that he is going to tell me about this doll is anything good. “I’m Rose. So what is it you have to tell me?” I asked sitting on my bed almost in front of him. “Oh, just want to cut to the chase? Okay. Stay away from Angel, pretend she doesn’t even exist and that doll put it away and keep it away put it in a locked box or something.” I’m supposed to stay away from a six year old? I put a grin on my face. “You say that as if she is dangerous. I’m sixteen and she’s six how dangerous could she be?” I said almost laughing. “Yeah and I’m seventeen and I try my best to stay away. Look Rose she has hurt people, hurt them so bad that they almost have died. Her window is right across from yours don’t look into it. For your sake I beg you to just stay away from her.” He said with a serious tone in his voice.

The smile on my face was long gone. How much damage has this little girl caused? I just stared at the seventeen year old boy who has staring back at me. The seventeen year old boy that didn’t look or dress like anyone else in this town. The seventeen year old boy who was terrified of his six year old sister. I didn’t say anything to him I just got up and continued to put my books away. He didn’t say anything at the moment either he just walked over and helped me. After awhile he finally decided to break the silence I wished would remain. He broke it though with the weirdest question. “Natural hair color?” he asked not looking at me. “What did you say?” I asked confused. “Is black your natural hair color?” he asked looking at me with dead seriousness. “Yes it is. Is it yours?” I said looking at him with a strange facial expression. “Yes it is, and I was just asking because you may have dyed it. So blue eyes or colored contacts?” he asked. “Blue, why does it matter?” I asked looking up into his somewhat dark blue eyes. “Just curious is all.” He said with a smile. “You’re going to stick out.” He said walking around my room. “What do you mean I’m going to stick out?” I asked a bit worried and confused. “At school, around here, you’re going to stick out. You’re not like anyone else. You don’t dress or act like anyone else here. If anything you act and dress like my friends and I.” He said turning around towards me with a huge smile on his face as if he was thrilled I was like him. “Is that a good thing or bad thing?” I asked. “Well to me it’s a good thing.” He said making his smile bigger. I couldn’t help but to smile back at him. Hours went by and we had a nice conversation most of it contained laughing. I found out just because CJ was older doesn’t mean he wasn’t in the same grade as me. I found out a lot of other stuff about him and it seemed nice we had a lot in common. He helped me unpack my entire room, well not entirely he didn’t help with my clothes I think that I can do by myself. It was time for him to leave and before he left he turned around and hugged me. The hug lasted longer than I thought it would but to be honest I didn’t mind.

After he left I finished unpacking my clothes. I sat on my bed and saw that the two windows across from mine both had lights on. I looked through them one was Angel’s room and the other was CJ’s. I ignored Angel’s and looked at CJ; he had a huge grin on his face and sat on his bed. He pulled out his laptop and started to what it looked like was chatting. I just sort of laughed and grabbed my laptop. I wanted to see what I could find out about this house. I looked it up and CJ was right people have been suspiciously hurt but he left out one part the three people who have died here. They three people who stayed in the same bedroom as me. All of the people who got hurt and killed all shared the same bedroom as me. Angel didn’t give me that doll because she liked me she gave it to me because I’m going to be her next victim. I couldn’t read anymore I shut my laptop and looked out my window up at the sky. Then I looked down and saw Angel staring directly at me. She was emotionless and didn’t move a muscle. It took everything in me to look away because something about her death stare made it too difficult. I looked away and went downstairs for dinner. My parents talked about our new neighbors and how nice they were. After dinner I took my shower and sat on my bed just looking around my room. I did this for about thirty minutes. I then grabbed my laptop and went online to find six friend requests one of which was CJ. After looking through some photos I realized the other five were CJ’s friends. I accepted them and went to bed.

I woke up late that night to a chill. My window beside me was open. I sat up and closed it; I turned my lamp on and couldn’t believe what I saw. Angel and that doll were both sitting at the foot of my bed staring at me. She was watching me sleep. She started to crawl over to me. I didn’t move I couldn’t move I was too shocked. I just sat there with my eyes locked on her waiting for her to kill me at any moment. She sat in front of my window just staring at me; she pulled out a small razor and punched me, and slid the razor across my face. When I opened my eyes she was gone and the only thing that was left was the doll. I went to bathroom and bandaged my face. She cut me from mid cheek to my top lip. I get to go to school tomorrow looking like this. I went back to my room and put the doll in box in my closet and went back to bed. I didn’t sleep much I only had about three hours till I was supposed to wake up anyways. When I did I got ready fast and ran out the door. It wasn’t that I was excited to get to school I just hadn’t come up with an excuse about the cut on my face yet to tell my parents. As I walked down the sidewalk CJ pulled over besides me and let me in. Half way there and he didn’t say a word. “I’m guessing Angel did that to you?” he asked sounding a bit worried. “Yeah she did I woke up in the middle of the night and she was just sitting at the foot of my bed and then she punched me with a razor in her hand.” I said. I didn’t think he would believe me than again he was the one who warned me about her in the first place. “You left out a part yesterday.” I added. He didn’t look confused he knew what I was talking about. “I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want one of the first things I’d say to you were yeah by the way three people died in your bedroom. I didn’t think it was a great way to start.” He said keeping his eyes on the road.

School was alright. I only talked to CJ’s friends and I was perfectly fine with it. He was right I was like him and his friends. They were the only ones I was like in the whole school. They all had every class together and now so did I. On the drive home CJ kept looking over at me. As I got out of his car he said “Hey is it okay that I stop by in a little bit I want to talk to you about something.” He asked looking a bit hopeful. “Sure” I said. I walked in and ran up the stairs because I had forgotten to make up an excuse about the huge gash on my face. I went to my room and did my homework. About thirty minutes later someone knocked on my window. I was terrified that at the thought it was Angel again with a razor. Then I though why would she knock? That thought reassured me and I went over to see CJ. I opened it and he jumped in. “So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?” I asked. “Well it was more of wanting to ask you something.” He said. “Well what do you want to ask me?” I asked. He just stared at me as if he lost his words. He was slightly jumping up and down trying to make his words come out. But he couldn’t so he did what he thought was the next best thing. He grabbed my face and he kissed me. It was a long kiss because I didn’t stop him. After he released I slightly opened my eyes and stared at him because now I was lost for words. He then asked “Will you go out with me?” before I could answer Angel came in through my window and threw a knife at my head. She missed thank god. “What the hell are you doing?!” CJ screamed.

Angel pulled out another knife. I didn’t know where was keeping them but I didn’t stay to find out. I ran out of the room and she ran after me holding the large butcher knife in her hand. I didn’t run to anywhere else in the house. I wanted witnesses so I ran outside into the road. I thought it was the best idea until I fell. She stood over me trying to stab me. She cut me a few times until CJ came and pulled her off of me. Their parents and everyone else came running out. Her father came out and grabbed Angel. The police came and they weren't sure what to do with a six year old girl. They didn't know until CJ told them about all the other incidents that happened here. They took Angel in to ask the girl some questions and to get her tested. I tried telling the paramedics I was fine but they didn't believe me and made me go with them to the hospital. CJ was going to meet me there. I couldn't believe everything that happened. It hadn't even been a full twenty four hours yet. But everyone knows that the devil works fast. Angel was indeed a little devil.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences