The Bogar Mansion | Teen Ink

The Bogar Mansion

September 9, 2014
By RueKay BRONZE, Indianaoilis, Indiana
RueKay BRONZE, Indianaoilis, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Love isn't a trend , you cant just throw it away when your DONE.


The woman was doing a backbend that snapped all the bones along her spine. I heard it crack peice by peice.  There was no time to run, no time to think.  The rattling of her chattering bracelets threw me off.  She let out a morbid screech, but it subsided because of the ringing in my ears from the blow from the Shadow Children.  I stopped in my tracks, perplexed to turn my head from the now empty cellar before me. There was no light, no way out. My eyes, they  just won’t adjust, there wasn't even the slightest sliver of light peeking out from anywhere.

There was laughter all around, childrens laughter.  It bellowed from all the corners of the pitchy cellar. The Shadow Children!  “Rumer” the corners whispered. there were shivers running up and down   my spine.There was hot breath on the back of my neck.  Do I dare? I thought to myself.  No, I wouldnt dare, I pretended it wasn't even there.  It smelt strongly of old Earth and lime.  It was musky and smelt of Brimstone. I was petrified. “Rumer!” the corners chanted.  There was something demonic about this place, something about its ora, it just threw me off.

Chapter 1: The Cellar

The woman was doing a backbend that snapped all the bones along her spine. I heard it crack peice by peice.  There was no time to run, no time to think.  The rattling of her chattering bracelets threw me off.  She let out a morbid screech, but it subsided because of the ringing in my ears from the blow from the Shadow Children.  I stopped in my tracks, perplexed to turn my head from the now empty cellar before me. There was no light, no way out. My eyes, they  just won’t adjust, there wasn't even the slightest sliver of light peeking out from anywhere.

There was laughter all around, childrens laughter.  It bellowed from all the corners of the pitchy cellar. The Shadow Children!  “Rumer” the corners whispered. there were shivers running up and down   my spine.There was hot breath on the back of my neck.  Do I dare? I thought to myself.  No, I wouldnt dare, I pretended it wasn't even there.  It smelt strongly of old Earth and lime.  It was musky and smelt of Brimstone. I was petrified. “Rumer!” the corners chanted.  There was something demonic about this place, something about its ora, it just threw me off.

Chapter Notes:

What would you have Done?

Chapter 2: Escaping the cellar

I quickly felt my way around, not paying any mind to the corners.  I fould a cold latch and swung it open. Daylight pierced through the darkness of the cellar.  All the evil down there perished, but not for long. I knew this wasn't over. There was something lurking in the dark corners.  But what?

I perched myself on the withered stool.  It was yellowed from age and had tears threw the upholstery, it was claw marks.  There was something bile behind the brittle counter top.  It was topped with mold,dangerous  green mold. I tried to keep all reality from falling from my grasp, but the fight was no use, I quickly learned the demon was stronger.   I lost the battle with conchonius.  My head collided the concert floor which was damp from my Ruby red blood. It Was just over I knew it. This was the end for me, for life, for everyone I knew and loved would soon be gone forever.

 
Chapter 3: The before and and after plan

My life flashed before me, and before i knew it, I remember now, I remember it all.  There was a long pale paved driveway.  The trees were murky brown, and jagged.  The grass was florescent green. The porch, a daring brown.  There was also a private cemetery to the left of the house, The ruins were blackened from years of neglect and age. There was an old junk yard on the opposite side of the road. Nobody has ever  dared enter the junk yard. The legends were cruel and grueling and should have warded me off, but it only intrigued me more.

I snuck through the woods beyond yonder.  The trees were mossy and damp. The moss was a menacing green. The back of the house was less scarey looking .  There were gorgeous French Doors, they were chipped white and dry rotted.  As I entered the house at my own risk the French doors shattered.  The shattered and jagged glass dared me to pass threw the threshold. I took the dare willingly and enter the house.

The interior of the old home had a bitter sweet scent of death and decay. As I trudged through the living quarters. It startled me to see a smashed wiji board. The ora of this place was demonic. I walked up a few old creaky oak stairs. The brown was rotten from ware. The creaking of the stairs sent me into a panic.  I briskly sprinted to a door with stairs spiraling down. When I reached the end of  the stairs the wooden door slammed shut. That’s when I saw a menacing man with with sullen eyes. Then there was this girl, no more than 20. She was beautiful then she attacked me.

I had an epiphany but it was too late. I was feverish and delirious then  everything began to fade. I knew what was happening. I was being buried alive by that creepy man.  I smelt lime.  He’s breaking down my body. I’m dead.  I could feel the fresh lime pellets seeping into to my now dead flesh. My head was no longer bleeding, i was no longer in pain . I tried to breath but my lips were sewn together with some type of wire. Every time I moved my mouth ,the flesh of my lips ripped little by little. My last breath turned to a muffled cry. I wasn’t ready for this, I was too young to die . I’m not at peace with my death.  This wasn’t in my cards! I thought as everything turned black…

Chapter Notes:

Was it intriguing or not. let me know how you feel.


The author's comments:

I was inspired TO write this short story because of no one other than Edgar Allan Poe. I brought a whole atmoshere, a whole story to the table.

 
Preferences
 
Preferences
 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences